MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hi Y'all

Stephanie

**Cat rolls in the breakfast teacart with hot coffee, fragrant teas, warm cinnamon rolls, and fresh fruit...**

Hi Cat, and thanks for the welcome and for asking about my boys....like most moms, I'm always happy to share about them. We are presently in the process of our 4th adoption. All of our sons came to us via the miracle of adoption. They are 11,10, 6, and almost 3.

Stephanie

prayed2BaMom

(who is enjoying the fresh fruit from your cart)

*darlene brings in a tray of cappuchinos along with a pot of coffee...*

I can't eat any of that sweet stuff right off the bat (I save that for later in the day lol) but I've brought some coffees and figured we'd sit on the front porch and enjoy this pretty morning.

Welcome to MrsS!

Welcome Stephanie! So happy for God's answers to your prayers with those children! We are glad you have joined us!

Hi Darlene and thanks for the coffee!

I'll take a English toffee Cappuccino....yumm!

I'm glad to be here and find some like minded pals!

Stephanie

prayed2BaMom

(who's glad to be hearing the pitter patter of rain...needed it so badly)

Hi MomM,

Yes, boys are wonderful...a special breed without a doubt. We have a lots of fun and I kind of enjoy my role as the Queen Bee of the house. however, sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have a daughter...who knows, maybe there is still one in my future.

Stephanie

prayed2BaMom

Welcome Stephanie,

Your children are a gift from the LORD! God Bless your family. I too have four children, ages 13, 9, 4 and almost 1. I look forward to chatting with you!

Anyala

0001.gifStephanie! How wonderful about your boys! My daughter (that's Jenny in the picture over there) came to us through adoption, too. We got her when she was 36 hours old and she is a joy. We had three failed adoption attempts, too, and stopped trying after the last one, when Jenn was seven. That verse from Psalm 113 was MY verse during 16½ years of infertility--I stood on that verse and after we got Jenny, I made Psalm 118:23 my special verse: "This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes." It went on her birth announcements. :-)

Again, welcome and God bless!

Thanks for all the great welcomes! I can already tell this place will have a positive influence on my efforts to "get it together".

Loretta, that is great that you have also experienced adoption. we did the "infertility thing" for 13 years, so I know what you mean about holding on to scripture. those were hard years, but I grew spriritually. I guess it's like what my Mom always says..."that, that does not kill you, makes you stronger."

Stephanie

prayed2BaMom

Stephanie, the years of childlessness were years of spiritual growth for us, too, learning to trust the Lord and His timing, and learning to let go, as well. We had to come to the point where we could say, "Your will, not ours, be done," and know that even if we never became parents, we wanted what HE knew was best for us. And He sent us Jenny, our princess. 0120.gif

Hi Momo,

I'm a bit south east of Birmingham in Shelby County. We just moved here about 3 months ago from near Auburn, Tallapoosa County.

We were in a very cramped duplex with a tiny yard...now we have a big house and 5 acres and a catfish pond and even a creek. With four boys, we feel like we're in heaven compared to the other place.

However, I'm wondering if I'll ever get unpacked and organized...which is why I don't know where all of my treasures are...but I am working on it.

Stephanie

prayed2BaMom

I'm sure glad I didn't say Roll.... before I knew you were from Auburn

Shelby county has been growing by leaps and bounds. Are there very many rural areas left there?

Don't feel bad about not being all unpacked yet. We've been here for 6 years and I still have a basement full of tubs to unpack.

LOL on the rolll....

Yep, we have a different "war" cry.....hehehe

Not many states have two great teams like we do...we're special....

And yes, Shelby county is growing at top speed. they just reported the other day that it will double by 2008....big interstate problem. But....there's still lots of land, because it's just now becoming the "spot".

We are blessed to have 5 acres, our drive way is 2/10 of a mile long and I see no one...and no one sees me...just the way I like it....

Stephanie

Hello and welcome to our place. It's great that you've decided to join, these are a great group of ladies. They are so full of knowledge about such a wide range of topics that I won't ever be able to learn a forth of what is here. I love that you have four boys, I am only lucky enough to have had one and one girl, now I suffer from the empty nest syndrome. You'res are getting to the age of wanting to build themselves a treehouse. I still remember the one my son built. I hope you decide to stay and put out your shingle.

Archived