MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Psst! Teaberry, Happygirl, Everyone...

Freetobeme

Comic relief is exactly what I needed today. You've heard of Murphy's Law? Well, Murphy himself has been following me around all day long!

I already shared how I spilled my crockpot of saucy meatballs all over the carpet in my car....turning the carpet a bright neon yellow.

And then while shopping earlier and putting groceries in the car I ripped my dress! Bah humbug.....

But I made up for it, Goatherder. I knew before I left that grocery store that Murphy would pull another stunt so being a good prepper I got myself a bag of Back to Nature chocolate and mint cookies! You see, I remembered your chocolate thread (no kidding, I'm serious) and.....well, one thing led to another.

As you yourself once said: If stressed, read backwards.

Who came up with that "stressed" joke here? It's helped me make good pro-chocolate decisions ever since....

Well, the meatball concoction consists of a 50/50 mixture of grape jelly (melted in microwave) with Heinz 57 Sauce. It makes a beautiful burgundy color unless you spill it on carpet and try to wipe it up.

I get the big bags of frozen beef meatballs at Sam's Club and put them in my crockpot. I add the sauce mixture and heat on high a couple of hours.

Then I find something to spill it on.... From now on I'm dubbing them Soused Meatballs because they slip and slide all over the place!

Of course, I had a little something to do with it since I failed to lodge the crockpot properly.....but at least I wasn't soused. I did it while I was in my right mind evidently.....

Yes, yes. Good idea. Do I blame menopause in this instance? I just can't say.....

The only thing I can say is that it won't happen twice.

In fact, knowing my Soused Meatball Recipe I probably ought to put a seatbelt around the box to keep them from jumping out the window and clobbering a passerby in the face. That's all I need: Road rage from someone assaulted by my meatballs. And with my luck they'd turn the person's face bright yellow!

Here's a photo of my Soused Meatballs acting rowdy:

Archived