MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New

little sister

A friend mentioned this forum. Thought I would come and check it out.

Might have something to offer and I'm always open to learning new things.

My husband and I have a small homestead farm where we are kept by a couple draft horses, a mule, Jersey milk cow, too many hens a few roosters, hogs, some geese and heritage turkeys and a couple honeybee hives.

Of course there is the obligatory 3 kids, 3 dogs and 3 cats. Oh! can't forget about the roller & fan-tail pigeons!

I love to garden (flower, herb & veggie) and spin (fiber not excersize!). Just taking up weaving. I've been making milk soaps (& other bath & beauty products) since 1999 and started making cheese a couple years ago.

Love, love, love to barter! Just picked up 6# of beautiful Lincoln longwool for soaps and lotions. In the process of trading some soap for a crocheted apron ("Life get dirty, wear your apron!")

Welcome to our home Cyndi! Sounds like you have loads of information you can share with us.. Please stick around and get comfy!

I have to admit your post made me very excited on serveral subjects! Especially soap making!

and a friend of a mutual friend who will be on the boards as soon as she has her baby girl and gets settled in with her. She's in the hospital as we speak working on that

Quote:
and a friend of a mutual friend who will be on the boards as soon as she has her baby girl and gets settled in with her. She's in the hospital as we speak working on that thanks for letting me know!!

I spun up some of her Alpaca fiber, then crocheted it into booties and hand mitts for little Faith

Still haven't heard if little Faith has made an arrival yet. I'm getting kind of worried now as it's been since last night. She and Mom are going love those booties and hand mitts.

Cyndi, I'm sure you know by now but just in case you don't, Faith Rose was born finally on the 24th (C-section)and baby and mom are doing okay. Phew, what a relief...

Archived