MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

All American 921 Home Canner Drawing

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Yanno, I think everyone around here knows that I pretty much run my mouth well, especially when it's about something I feel strongly about. And I think everyone is pretty well versed in how I feel about home canning...it's a passion of mine, it's something that I believe in with all my heart, so I've been sitting here thinking, and decided I wanted to kinda back up what I say, by offering to help someone get started home canning.

I'll preface this all by saying that the ground rules are that all who throw their name into the hat, DO NOT currently own a home canner. This is an opportunity for me to share something that holds much meaning with someone who might otherwise not be able to experience the joy and sheer pleasure of preserving foods the old fashioned way. Other than that, I would hope that who ever participates, would have a genuine desire to home can, as this is a gift from me to them that comes from the heart. i have no other ground rules and will extend a trust that whoever joins in, qualifies within that criteria.

With all that said, I'm going to do a name drawing for an All American 921 canner. This canner processes 7 quarts and 19 pints in one batch.

Here's a link that provides a picture and description of this canner:

All American 921 Canner

This drawing will go on for 1 week and will end on June 1, 2006, at which time I will have one of my children draw a name from one of my canners...*smile*

Good luck and God bless.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

The Mirro canner I gave you just last week Cat, which of course means I no longer own one!

That darned halo always gives me away!!!

Guest Guest

now let me think... I could be...

wanna_can

Can_Can

dumb_as_dirt

skye_blue

Ima_Lyin'

and sign up!

can I put my name in the hat for creative lying? runs fast and puts on princess mushroom hat!

Great Idea Darlene, leaves me out though and I can't even lie about it. Lets see, I have five or six water bath canners, two older Presto pressure canners and just recently realized that I have a VERY old All American pressure canner. Got it at an auction with a bunch of jars about six months ago I paid something like seven dollars for it all) and never realized what it was until I started reading about them here. Just thought it was one of the old fashioned crank down types. I think this one is marked No. 7. It has a guage and I just ordered a new one from Goodman's.net. Does anyone else have an old All American??? Do I dare TRUST it???

Sorry, off topic maybe but it sure means *I* don't qualify.

Guest Guest

Sue, MrsS is a global home here on the net so it matters not that you're outside the States...you're as much valued as that ratty Cat woman who slinks around here. lol

I'll consider your name the first one in the hat!

As for the rest of the trouble makers up there, I'm gonna throw y'all back into the play pen where you belong!

rofl

((((SueC))))

Guest Guest

Maybe *Da Boss* will send us a *DRAWING* of an All-American 921 Home Canner??

:shrug:

:rolleyes:

"RATTY" Cat... :angry:

**Planning something SPECIAL for Miss Princess Boss...**

:whistling:

Well, Darlene may I start off by saying - YOU are the reason this Forum is the best!

Yes sometimes we don't agree on what you are stating- but you do care about all the people and this is just another way you prove that!

I'll bet if you could do it everyone would win a new canner!

Now that being said -

As you know and as we have talked about it we just have a old water bath canner that we can everything in (even meat)

(sound of Darlene going )

But that is what we have to use? Been looking in the dump for a pressure canner but no luck (ha-ha)?

After reading all the posts here (and listen to Darlene) on the benefits of an American Canner we went shopping and looking for an American Home Canner last week but the prices just about put poor Michael on the floor! Not in the budget for years to come on this Homestead.................

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The garden is in and the stuff will need canning! Are we going to be using our old water bath canner again ……………………… or …………… a brand new American Pressure Canner?

YES! Please put our name in to win the canner!

Guest Guest

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge... ;)

That's for MODERATORS ONLY!

:cele:

Oh, and by the way...

All moderators are now getting a 500% PAY RAISE!!! :happy0203:

(Don't bother doin' the math...

500% of 0 is *still* $000000000...)

:shrug:

Guest Guest

Oh, and Boss?

I'll donate a brand new Ball Blue book to go *with* the canner.

Gotta make sure they do it RIGHT!!

Archived