MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello!! - from a former lurker

BasketLady

Hi all -

I discovered MrsSurvival back in the Y2K days. Being part of the Y2K transition group at work got my natural planning/prep/organization skills teamed up with my concerns for the future. Though there have been periods where my preps were pushed to the fringes, it's always been part of my life.

What I find continually amazing is the wealth of knowledge of you women! ) human being. He graduated college, got a great job and is married to an amazing young lady. Who knows - maybe one day someone will call me "Nana".

An elderly aunt lives with me. She grew up on a farm and is a veritable library of information. She was a teenager during the Depression, so she has frugality in her bones. She's also a hoot, with a very dry sense of humor. Have I said how blessed I am???

So - if you've made it this far - thanks!. I'm kinda the shy type, but once I get comfortable you can't shut me up.

TTFN

-Elaine

0001.gifWelcome, Elaine! Glad to meet you. I was lurking on these boards back in the Y2K days, too, and started lurking again months ago. Just finally joined last month. I, too, am beyond impressed with the wealth of knowledge and expertise represented here. So much to learn... By the way, your kittycat looks like one we had years ago, named Molly. She was a sweetheart; yours is adorable. 0002.gif

Welcome BasketLady...we're excited to have you rejoin us...

I'm on this goofy suffer diet this week but when I went to the grocery store yesterday I bought 4 packs of cream cheese...I don't know why but I've been craving cheesecake lately. It must be cause of the deal I found on graham crackers and Nilla Wafers...I think I probably have at least 30 boxes...I figured they would make a good crust.

Anyway, enough of my food meanderings...did I tell ya I'm craving chocolate?

lol

Hi Loretta -

Nice to know I'm in such good company!!

My girl kitty occasionally answers to "Annie", short for Anabelle. She is a sweetheart, but has her 'diva' moments. Her brother, V, wants to be an avatar too, so I have to switch them around occasionally.

Thanks!

Quote:
Welcome BasketLady...we're excited to have you rejoin us...

I'm on this goofy suffer diet this week but when I went to the grocery store yesterday I bought 4 packs of cream cheese...I don't know why but I've been craving cheesecake lately. It must be cause of the deal I found on graham crackers and Nilla Wafers...I think I probably have at least 30 boxes...I figured they would make a good crust.

Anyway, enough of my food meanderings...did I tell ya I'm craving chocolate?

lol

I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee and a Lindt milk chocolate bar so I completely get the chocolate craving thing. I've given into mine, again...

Now, Nilla wafers as crust. Hmmm... Nope, never tried that... Darn, now I have to pull out that 5lb box of Philly cream cheese I bought at Sam's and investigate. Oh, the tragedy... lol
Quote:
Watch out for the ones who call themselves "innocent"

I have no idea what she's talking about.

lol

Also, Bookie...

"Glad you joined us and I make THE perfect cheesecake It's so-o-o good that I was able to trade one for a compound bow. I've been paid for my cheesecakes! YUMMY! Not that I'm bragging or anything but somebody has to do it. "

Has ANYone noticed how she hasn't shared her recipe?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...you're busted Bookworm!

P.S. have you all tried baking mini cheesecakes?

Sooooo good, and you can eat several to get up to a regular slice serving size. If I'm lazy, I just use vanilla wafers (shaved to fit the mini cupcake tins), and pour the cheesecake batter over it, or you could use the graham cracker crust. It's now a family tradition to make them for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Archived