MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

And a rainy Saturday!

SueC

Hi everyone,

It has been a lovely day with over an inch of rain, we so needed it.

I hurt my back a couple of days ago - trying to exercise! So today I went to the library and decided to take it easy, that is apart from having some lamb to put in the crockpot, and a box of nectarines to deal with. The lamb was prepared by oldest DD and is now cooked and ready for the fridge - we (DH and I)are having a couple of days away and will take it with us for meals. The girls helped me prepare the nectarines and I canned 4 bottles. My first canning!

Sue

Sue it is so interesting that your day is over and mine is just starting, it is 6:45 am here in Texas. I woke up with headache my way of knowing that the weather is changing, maybe soome rain soon, boy do we need the rain!!

Hope to get this house cleaned up and some baking done.

Have a great weekend everyone

I cannot seem to wake up. I had a LOT of dreams last night, and when I dream a lot and remember them, seems I didn't sleep as well. I know we all have a lot of dreams, but some nights it seems I was up all night watching the TV in my head instead of sleeping LOL. I will probably have to take a nap today.

I am really starting to feel the baby move a lot, and I LOVE that part of pregnancy. There's nothing like those little flutterings to make you know for sure there's a little life growing in your body! Last night DS and I were haivng a tickle fest and every time he'd tickle me the baby would move LOL.

The maintenance man didn't show up yesterday, so I've been without my washer for over a month now. I'm going to formally complain on Monday I guess.

Today we are doing laundry and the kids will be cleaning their rooms and we will also be working on the rest of the house. Saturday is our big cleaning day.

Tomorrow we are going to go to church, then grocery shopping.

OK, I'm off.

Mo7

Went yesterday and got two more truckloads of wood-so we got 4 this week. Didn't go today, so I cleaned house. Needed it. Got the dishes done, floors swept, dusting done, bathroom cleaned and two loads of laundry done. (Got two more loads to do-one is kitchen rugs-didn't feel like shaking them.

Got mad at neighbor's dog again today. Really wish he'd keep the thing in his yard. Went out to feed kitty and chickens this morning and when I went to open the door to the Boar's Nest (which is also Mama Cally's-kitty-house) it came around the other end barking at me. 'Bout scared me to DEATH! Scared poor Mama Cally, too. She hid. I got her food and then filled the chicken food container and the stupid dog followed me barking all the way to the chicken coop and back. It was absolutely INFURIATING!! I hate barking dogs and I really HATE being barked at in MY yard. Stupid neighbor was in his back yard and yelling at his stupid dog and the thing just kept barking. I could have shot it-DBF wouldn't let me have the gun! (Which is probably a good thing.)

Ok-end of rant.

Work was pretty boring-except one waitress is on vacation, so I had to put up with these other two (one waitress, one waiter) and all they do is argue. It got pretty entertaining at times. Good thing we weren't very busy-cuz most of their argueing is due to them both being LAZY! haha 'You do it. No, you do it. I ain't got time, you do it. When are you leaving. When it slows down. Uh, it's been slow since 5. I'll leave when I want to. Well, then why don't you help get stuff done. I have been, you can do some.' And on and on and on.... The day waitress was sitting at the bar and we just kept giggling and giggling. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny.

Ok-got to check some other posts and work on ornaments a little and get to bed.....

Hope everyone is having a SUPER week-end.

the stupid dog followed me barking all the way to the chicken coop and back. It was absolutely INFURIATING!! I hate barking dogs and I really HATE being barked at in MY yard. Stupid neighbor was in his back yard and yelling at his stupid dog and the thing just kept barking. I could have shot it-DBF wouldn't let me have the gun! (Which is probably a good thing.)

Hey Necie, Do you have a hose? A good shot of water to the nose or the behind might give the dog enough of a shock to keep him from barking at you. p.s. I love dogs, just not obnoxious ones so don't anyone get mad at me for suggesting this, ok?

Stacy

Oh, Stacy, don't get me wrong. I love dogs, too. Any and all-I can't even say that there's a breed that I don't like. (My personal favorite is Rotties and I can't wait to get another now that we've moved-just not ready yet.) But the only dogs I can honestly say that I hate are untrained, mal-behaved dogs-ANY BREED. That's the way I was raised and what I believe-that untrained dogs are not only worthless-they are DANGEROUS!

My dad was a coon hunter and raised and trained dogs. My exFIL bred and trained dogs-mostly Walkers, but some Blueticks and Redbones. FIL won many state and national champions back in the 70's-even sold a dog to one famous person-Hank Williams, Jr. I have seen many dogs shot. I know this will make many angry-I did not like it-but that's the way I was raised. I don't think that I could really shoot a dog, unless it was a REAL threat (this dog really isn't-it just startled me at first-I am not scared of it-but I don't totally trust it either-healthy fear, I guess you'd call it). I have tried to play with it-it just barks. I just think neighbor should take responsibility for his own dog. It shouldn't be in my yard and I shouldn't have to make it mind when it does happen to come over. (It would be more than welcome if it would BEHAVE.)

Oooh, I HATE people not taking care of their dogs. WE get a LOT of dogs dumped here cause people don't take care of them and won't take them to the shelter (and our shelter is FREE to drop off). So we have strays running around through town.

I have taken one in, but ca'nt afford to take anymore-although my son begs me to. We have had to shoot one with a pellet gun because he starts fights with other dogs with the kids nearby. These people that live up the street from us get a new dog every spring...and by July he's walking the streets cause they won't feed him anymore. One of his dogs got attacked by a bear and lived because some good samaritan took him to the vet, another has been hit by a car and has a permanent limp. I use the pellet gun on the dogs because it (understandably) makes people nervous if I bring out a shotgun here in town, even this small town. But I will not hesitate to kill one of those dogs if they are a danger to my family. And the sad thing is, it's not the dogs fault. He's a product of his environment. If he'd been fed and nurtured (and neutered), he wouldn't be out fighting with other dogs, he'd be safe in a yard. That angers me to NO end.

Mo7

I just think neighbor should take responsibility for his own dog. It shouldn't be in my yard and I shouldn't have to make it mind when it does happen to come over. (It would be more than welcome if it would BEHAVE.)

I completely agree. I cannot tolerate misbehaving dogs. I think it's a shame on the owner because if you're going to have a dog it's your responsibility to raise it right. My Golden had a litter of 11 puppies 2 years ago and my neighbor directly across the street got one. That dog drives me up a wall because she's the worst behaved dog I have ever seen.She gets out constantly and runs around the street and doesn't come back (almost got hit by a car last week), she chews their furniture, she's all over the furniture, she jumps up on everyone, she doesn't walk on a leash...she drags you. We watched her while they were out of town and dh had to drag her 4 blocks back to the house because she decided to sit and didn't want to walk back and then tried to nip at him when he tried to adjust her collar. She has tried to nip at me when I take her back to her house. Her own mother (my dog) doesn't tolerate her because she runs up on her and jumps all over her. Abby will throw her down on her back and growl at her. My neighbor thinks it's horrible. I keep telling her it's just her mama trying to teach her some doggie manners. And I like my neighbor, but she treats the dog likes it's a spoiled kid. No Golden Retriever should ever be untrained...they are just too easy to train.

Stacy

Necie, I think Stacy has a great idea, and I'll tell you why;

When I was much younger, I borrowed my mother's car for the day. When I picked her up at work, I got a HUGE cup of ice water, 'cause it was hot outside and she didn't have AC in her little white Rambler. When we turned the corner on her street, a few blocks up, I could see this stupid dog lying out in it's yard, unleashed.

This dog was just plain mean. It would sprawl out in the dirt and wait for someone to come down the street. It didn't matter if you were driving, riding a bike, or walking. There was no fence around the house at all, and it would run around the back of the house so it could sneak up on you, and when you got close enough, it would run right up to you, and bark and snarl like crazy! Even in the car, it would run right up to the door and scare the chit out of you!

Well, that dog had scared me just about once too often, so when it came running towards the car, I had the great big cup of water in my hand, and I don't know why I did it but I screamed, and threw that ice water right in that dog's face!

The dog let out a huge yelp, and turned around so fast, it tripped over it's own feet, trying to get away! I swear, it looked like it turned inside out, trying to get away from the car! It went tearing back into it's yard and ran to the back of the house and hid.

I started laughing, then my mother started laughing, and in seconds, we were laughing so hard we were howling, and she had to pull over so she didn't wreck the car!

About a week later, we came around that corner again, and when that dog saw the car, he screamed, and ran away and hid! I don't think he ever ran up on another little white car...

Archived