MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Too much Turkey or what!

Sunnyboysx3

No inlaw stories here either, or immediate family stories. Just the six of us ate like pigs and went to bed feeling fat and happy Oh yeah, I actually made stuffing for the first time that wasn't out of a Stove Top box - now don't be mean to me, I just was never confident that I could do it. Wednesday night I was up late watching Paula Deen cook a Thanksgiving meal and she had a recipe using sausage and rice. I looked it up on the Food Network station and it turned out great!

So, all is well! Hope you all had a great one too!

Ate way too much! and suffered the rest of the day but had to be cheerful because my inlaws were up here. We had turkey and ham and both were great and leftovers for all of us have been used. Stayed shopping yesterday to get some of the few good deals I could for my 2 younger step-daughter and my younger nephew. Even braved the mall for a little "lets get off the farmette and have a little fun" with a 4,6,8,and 12 yr old!!!!! They ahd fun sat on Santas lap and we enjoyed watching others act like idiots!!

I do have to say I did meet up with a few good women while shopping early 5 am friday morning. I helped them get what they wanted and they got what I wanted. What was cool was my sister about 45 minutess later called and the same 2 ladies was helping her and she was helping them get what they wanted!! They were telling her about at walmart and I told her about how these ladies was helping me gt stuff and me helping them so she asked if I looked like a chunky girl with red hair and they were shocked and asked how she knew and she said that's my sister. They couldn't believe that!! It was weird to me!!

I luv leftovers from this holiday meal, and we certainly got 'em,

some of which were given to us by our dd.

Today we had turkey in gravy over mashed taters, stuffing,

brussel sprouts and crockpot cream corn.

I forgot we still have cranberries in the fridge to eat.

I see we have just enuff leftovers to make one more plate of food,

and I still have to cook the turkey carcass to make soup.

"Sorry" I don't have any gossip to share w/ya about fued'n

w/the in-laws.

The day before Thanxgiving, I prepared an intimate dinner

for just hubby and me, then on turkey day,

I spent the day w/our oldest dd and her room-mate,

while hubby spent the day w/our 2nd oldest dd, our sil,

and the sil's uncle, in the uncle's home.

I have to admit, this was one Thanxgiving holiday I truly enjoyed,

even if I wasn't able to spend it w/all 3 of our dd's and hubby.

We had a very wonderful Thanksgiving with my dad and his wife and my younger sibs. Ate lots of food, and I only brough the pies and sweetpotatoes. I did however cook my own turkey to have at home and more side dishes on Fri so we could eat "leftovers"all weekend LOL. I like to drag out the feast over the weekend and would miss my turkey too much if I didn't have it at home too

Archived