MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

where do you buy your tylenol?

pegsol

I am shocked at the prices being charged for "tylenol", ibuprofen, multi cold symptom tonics etc. ! I had a large stock for a long time and now it really hurts to pay these prices. Are the dollar store meds any good? Where do you buy your over the counter meds and bandaids?

We buy a lot of our over the counter from Wal-Mart and Sam's. We also have a place we like to buy a lot of our vites and such from Puritan's Pride, is such a great place. Some times you can get 2 bottles for the price of one, or buy 2 and get 3 extra. smile

I get mine from Dollar store. They work just fine for us and are a LOT cheaper than wally world or other places. I get my aspirin at Dollar Tree since it only costs 1.00/100 tabs. I have to take two of them a day and they are coated too. It sure is a lot better than paying what other places want for it.

Q

Originally Posted By: pegsol
I am shocked at the prices being charged for "tylenol", ibuprofen, multi cold symptom tonics etc. ! I had a large stock for a long time and now it really hurts to pay these prices. Are the dollar store meds any good? Where do you buy your over the counter meds and bandaids?

Wait until it's closer to summer. With allergy season upon us, and record high pollen levels in some places, I think prices are going up up up. They may decrease once it's not allergy season.

Mo7
Originally Posted By: Deblyn
I buy mine at Costco!

I get mine from Costco too. I usually wait until there's a coupon for the brand name, or just get the Kirkland brand. Actually, i have seen several reviews on the local news for Kirkland brand and it always comes out on top. They are the best brand for batteries, Glucosamine pills, and some other foodstuffs.

I get mine at the dollar store also. Generic works just fine for us, I don't think I have any name brand in the first aid kit at all. Oh wait there is a bottle of name brand tylenol that army son bought on base but that is it everything else is from the dollar store.

Archived