MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

We want your opinions!

MountainMommy

Personal journals (blogs) at MrsSurvival!

We’d just like to put this thought out there for some feedback. We’re thinking about installing software that would integrate with the forums and allow members to create their own personal online journal (otherwise known as a “blog”).

Interested members would create their own blog, and use it any way they wished (within normal MrsS guidelines, ie, family-friendly material). Like the Daily Diary on the forums, but way more expanded, in that members could have their own, ongoing journal where they could post stuff about their daily lives, interests, ramblings, pictures, comments on the world, online “quizzes”, whatever you want. Other members can read the blogs and comment on them.

A blog is different than discussion forums, as it’s more focused on a single member’s thoughts and life (with as little or as much detail as they want to share). It gives members the opportunity to get to know each other even better.

If there’s enough interest, we’ll check into it further.

Let us know your thoughts!

(Posted as a global announcement which will appear in each forum. Replies show up globally.)

Please share your thoughts and questions as well as voting. Thanks! smile

For those who want to know more (and those who said yes), please share your thoughts and questions. Thanks!

Sorry, didn't realize that making this a global announcement made it impossible to reply to.

Comments are welcome!:D

I've already got an online blog at blogspot.com, so I don't know if I personally would use the feature here, but it does sound like a neat idea.

Thanks, Vic! They sure are getting more and more popular, aren't they?

No need to apologise. smile Thanks for your input!

i have never really understude blogs i had one of zoofer i think but if i think i would be interested in it if you were to get it.i do not fully understand them because i have never really used one but to write down my feelings i think twice. but i think it would be a wonderful idea.

I like the idea of having a blog...not sure I have the time to do it right, though. I'm a sparse poster even in regular forums. I would be a definite MAYBE. Would the blogs be open to anyone or be restricted to invite-only guests? That could impact what I wrote and the amount I wrote. I get a little nervous sometimes posting too much in forums where access is unrestricted (it's unrestricted here, right?). In fact, I stopped frequenting one board I used to visit almost everyday when it changed from member-only access to "anyone with google can see your message and steal your photos and do horrible things to the images of your children" access. I'm probably naive, but it seems that sickos are less likely to go through the hassle of signing up for autism discussion groups, christian homeschooling groups, and even what-should-we-do-if-tshtf groups for evil purposes when they can do plenty of evil without the sign-up hassle.

We can only do that if there's enough interest.

This is a wonderful idea MM! To be honest, probably not make one myself as like zzelle not up to writing down my feelings without thinking twice. Anyway my life is too boring to write about blush. Might have occasional writing of seriously bad poetry or imaginary stories but they usually only makes sense to me. At any rate, would not have the time to keep one updated crazy

Still, think it’s a good idea and I bet there are a lot of folks here who would have very interesting blogs. I’d enjoy reading theirs. Some of you need to be brave and try this. I can think of several names off the top of my head.

I like the idea of the blog.

So many times I've read a small snippet that someone has posted that has piqued my curiosity - prehaps it was a way they mentioned doing something, or sometimes it's just been a small slice of their day. It interests me because I read about their challenges and triumphs on everything from prepping to simply trying to do the right thing.

I suppose studying humans is my pet thing - but I really like that sort of thing. Sometimes it helps me to understand that my challenges are not unique, and through reading different blogs I might see how someone else handled a particular challenge.

Sometimes blogs are more like the old chap books (or chapter books) we had as kids. I couldn't WAIT for the next night to see ....WHAT HAPPENED! laugh Some of them realy keep me hanging. (How DID putting in those fence posts turn out? Did the storm stop them? What about that new foal? How's that little one doing? etc....etc....)

Funny. I was just asking my daughter about blogs.(why they exist, how one gets one, etc.)

I didn't vote because I'm not sure that I'd be here very often and wouldn't want to waste space or responders time.

That said, I do think that blogging(?) is a good social tool. And having a space for self expression, that that 'public' will be able to see, seems to be a good psycological tool for all of us living in this head-spinning world.

Hope it works out. I'll be checking in as often as I can.

God Bless you.

Blogging is not only a good social tool (admittedly, its primary use) but also a good marketing tool, both for posters and for the site that hosts them. If you are working from home, it's a good way to promote your business.

I will post a tutorial on blogs if we need one. Again, not sure when LOL, but I can put one together.

Mo7

I think that would be awesome, and would help more people decide if this is something they'd like to participate in. smile

Aren't blogs like diaries where you are supposed to post every day? Or do you just write when you have something to say?

Archived