MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Not Again!

CeeGee

we could use the same kind of boxes we are using to ship our elephants in? I mean I put a elephant in, some peanuts, a blanket, a TV so he would not get bored on the trip and a few other things. . . . loaded it onto a forklift and got it to the post office. Then 5 guys had to lift it up and put it on the scales and then. . . .

they say it is so light that it cost under $10.00 to ship! shocked

NOW that is some special kind of box - don't ya think? wink

Michael2

This is when Mt. folks get their 'bragging rights'. laughkick Dear friends are joining us in our large garden venture this year. So we had this....uh...."Rent the Rototiller " party this weekend. Half of it was space we gardened in before the drought got so bad. It's been fallow for a few years. But we opened more for them to have space too.

'Course it was snowing on our play date but we went ahead anyway. It can snow all the way to June and the peas, lettuce, garlic, onions, and potatoes don't care. They want to get into the ground. [beans are still hiding in their envelopes saying "ooo, don't put US out there eek ]

Anyway, here's a couple pics of our party.

ARE WE HAVING FUN YET????? frozen

Actually, we had a blast....

[well..... all us 'old' folk took ibuprofen afterwards. shrug ]

yahoo Garden this year!!

489-DSC02354.jpg

490-DSC02355.jpg

Nothing planted yet.....we are still new up here and haven't figured out what will work up here and what won't. Plus we are just trying to get some creature comforts going. Our septic is FINALLY done! clap So now for a potty that flushes! cloud9

goodmorningrainandsun.gif

Oh it is so much fun to try and garden when there is snow coming down. NOT smile

I know we have had to wear our winter coats to do our planting a few times too.

I'm so happy for you and your new flush potty. smile It has been a long times since I have had to use an out house. I'm so thankful for the indoor bathrooms. smileth6dee1705-2.gif

Originally Posted By: CeeGee
Nothing planted yet.....we are still new up here and haven't figured out what will work up here and what won't. Plus we are just trying to get some creature comforts going. Our septic is FINALLY done! clap So now for a potty that flushes! cloud9

Congratulations on INdoor plumbing...a sign of civilization, culture, and sanitation......AND it's just a whole lot more comfortable, esp. in the winter.

As for your first Rocky Mountain garden, I just posted (in Orchard) my yes/no experiences with different veggies. Some real gardening (& jest plain livin' ) challenges to overcome up here! Don't worry, you aren't even late yet...unless you want to start seedlings. They need to be gettin' goin' right now.

MtRider

Archived