• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Darlene
Originally Posted By: lunamother

well, dang....
I was gonna bring you a goatling...

Is she pink?

I've painted a guineahen green to prove his innocence- I can paint a goatling pink to get her to Georgia :ROFL:

atlanta!

start making chili once a week! eat it a couple of days! learn to stretch a chicken into several meals!!!! oh skip a meal!!! (tell husband it is practicing for survival mode)

GREAT!

DH is a second degree blackbelt in kenpo karate and teaches a self defense class. If we make it, he'd be available to teach some of that.

And Trip, that's why God made guns... but if the other guy has one also, and takes you by surprise, it's sure nice to know how to disarm him. smile

BTW - Darlene, Daddydogs wants to know if you have any streams on your property or nearby. I think he's thinking of doing some gold panning *if* he can find the time. LOL.

He's said we can come, we just have to figure out what to do with the kids now.

We're going to treat this as a bug out practice opportunity. Let's see how it goes.

kids...

the way I see it... the children can be our runners....

'sweety, we need more ice tea', 'darlin' can you throw this away for me please'

I can sit on the porch and ring my little bell to my hearts content!

Originally Posted By: MommaDogs
DH is a second degree blackbelt in kenpo karate and teaches a self defense class. If we make it, he'd be available to teach some of that.

BTW - Darlene, Daddydogs wants to know if you have any streams on your property or nearby. I think he's thinking of doing some gold panning *if* he can find the time. LOL.

He's said we can come, we just have to figure out what to do with the kids now.

We're going to treat this as a bug out practice opportunity. Let's see how it goes.

A martial arts defense class would be awesome! We'd love for your dh to teach everyone.

Yes, there are all kinds of streams around here...I have friends who have creeks and streams, I have a creek...

What to do with the kids? Bring them if you'd like. Lord knows I've raised 4 myself and I love them. This type of thing can be a special family affair, plus with all the different type classes we'll be having, they could write a report about the hands on experience they gained by learning all these different skills. If you'd rather come alone, that's fine too, but please don't worry about bringing kids. I have a 12 year old daughter who will be here and probably my 18 year old daughter (the boys are in college)...we can have her babysit...lolol (don't tell her that yet...lol)
Originally Posted By: BiscuitMaker
That's our Westie, she will be running the show---

Hush Bis...westie doesn't need any encouragement at all. She's about as big of a handful as I am and she's half my size.

lol

And just so everyone knows, this isn't a private, invitation only get together. All our friends, whether they be new or old are invited, so don't think twice about jumping in and joining us for the fun.

I sure hope westie is up to organizing all the details.

nail

I thought Cookie was doing the organizing?

No wait, I remember. Cookie is in the Dog House! Yeah, that's it. It was that Texas trip she took...

my husband still wants to do a barn raising!!!

Look... I already know how to butcher... time for me to talk you all through it... from the front porch mind you!! ROFL!

If any one wants to teach a class... maybe we need a chat night for the get together?

(have to work around my chemo.. I am useless for 4 days after .. next is July 31)

so if anyone old or NEW! would like to share what you know.. maybe we can get together and talk about it.

We haven't talked about how long... I will be there 7 days! cheaper for airline flights.

I would love to bring the kids, but they are in school and not so sure if their "real" Mom would be thrilled about me keeping them out of school. frown

Do we have a nurse/EMT that may be willing to do a first aid - emergency SHTF version, of course?

I'm willing to organize lists if needed. (classes offered/desired, people coming and where they will be staying, supplies needed/being brought, etc.)

Originally Posted By: westbrook

We haven't talked about how long... I will be there 7 days! cheaper for airline flights.

Sure, Westie...sure! That's your excuse and you're sticking to it, eh? I know the REAL reason you're staying 7 days! You just want to hang out longer in those Georgia Walmart Fabric Depts!

It's true Vic...

I was talking to her on the phone today and you wanna know what she said?

She said..."You need to go to Walmart and get some XXX fabric"...

Even long distance she has me running to the fabric department at Walmart.

DarleneSwoon

oh and the kids...

most teachers love these trips! not only do the kids have to do regular work.... but they have to write a journal of their adventure!

oh and what an adventure this will be too!

picture.. boat, pond, fishing poles and turtle! oh and kids!

I am a little worried about the first aid - are you going to have a voluneer to demo on?

Now where was the post about dealing with leadshot wounds? I dont think there will be any one volunteering for that ...

If I can make it, I'll be bringing plenty of kids for everyone. I know they'd love it, no doubt about that.

My main issue is not the kids or the money (which are certainly to be considered), but instead it's leaving my homestead, my chickens and goats and rabbits and etc. We don't have any close neighbors, no relationships in the community...a big gap in our preps, I know oops

Originally Posted By: SueC
I am a little worried about the first aid - are you going to have a voluneer to demo on?

Trip's the man.

Maybe we'll even throw Louis1 and/or Wormguy in for backup.

stephanie... no problem with livestock!

well little problems if you invest a little money in automatic watering systems...

come on down to http://www.mrssurvival.com/forums/ubbthr...ge=0#Post228486

posted a one liner to get the link started. Now to post more.

Archived