MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fall Get Together

Darlene

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just 'splained about the turtle... my dh is on board for turtle soup!

he said he ... if there is one available.. would do a butcher a goat class.

Darlene... start looking for a 3 or 4 month old wether, preferably a boer goat. (horns or no horns won't matter) you will need to raise him until dinner time! get me a price... let me know.

Originally Posted By: westbrook

Darlene... start looking for a 3 or 4 month old wether, preferably a boer goat. (horns or no horns won't matter) you will need to raise him until dinner time! get me a price... let me know.

See?

Can you believe she's trying to ring her little bell all the way from the west coast to here on the east coast?

DarleneSwoon
NO SWEET TEA! use sugar at will! I use splenda... that is 16 packets to 1 ounce of tea.

There, fixed it for ya Westie!

shame on your Vic! growing up in a world where tea is just tea and going to a world where it is normal for people to order tea and have it come sweet...

the question is how sweet is sweet? If I don't have 1 packet of splendea (which equates to 2 teaspoons of sugar) I use lemon.

It is so interesting how different each part of the country is.

Here in SoCa, grits are a very rare item, hash browns or cottage fries are the norm. Okra? grits? sweet tea? must be a east of the Rockies thing.

I drink sweet tea. My whole family always have. Lipton de-caf. How sweet? Diabetic coma sweet. I make mine in my Mr Coffee tea maker so I'm not sure exactly how much it holds. I'd venture to say a cup of sugar per gallon of tea at least.

I've never had a grit nor an okra.

Here in SoCa, grits are a very rare item, hash browns or cottage fries are the norm. Okra? grits? sweet tea? must be a east of the Rockies thing.

Nah, honeychild, it's a Southern Thang! wink

Hot tea isn't right unless it's got sugar & milk in it (thanks to my English father for that habit), and iced tea isn't right unless it's SWEET!

Jeepers, The reason you do not like grits is that you are buying the store bought chem treated stuff. If you grow your own you will see a great difference. You can take the store bought stuff and just "broad cast" them like grass seeds onto a small patch of well tilled, fertilized, and leveled ground. Then gently rake over the seed to just barely cover them. Lightly sprinkle them every day for about two weeks and just forget about them for awhile. Soon they will pop up and look just like grass for awhile. Just let them grow to about a foot high and they will "seed out". Best to harvest them at that point before your neighbors find out you have fresh and come with the "hungry mouth" syndrome, wc

-6 it isn't that I don't like them...I've never had them!

I don't even know if my grocery store sells them. When my northern born cousin has to go the hospital in S.C. they serve her grits morning, noon and night. She said they taste like nothing. I do like cream of wheat with milk and sugar. Is that similar?

I know they don't sell fresh okra up here. Never had one of those either. I hear they can be slimey.

Such a sheltered life I've lived. DarleneSwoon

I'm so jealous that I can hardly read this thread. mecry Will y'all please pray that my dh softens on his stance and allows me to fly there for a few days? I would so love to come, even if it means without my family. Plus, I'm a nurse! grin

Originally Posted By: HSmom
Will y'all please pray that my dh softens on his stance and allows me to fly there for a few days?

allows ????

you tell him you are going and he is welcome to come too!

I never ask permission to go anywhere. I let my husband know I need to go or I have an opportunity to do something or that I am going to... fill in the blanks.

this get together... husband! come October I am flying to Georgia to a Mrs. S get together. you are welcome to come as it will be everyone from Mrs. S, husbands, wives, kids and friends.

His response was... lets do a barn raising! My husband may or may not be able to come depending on his job... I guess I am just very fortunate that I have a husband that looks at me like an equal. He has to have a great sense of humor he is married to me!

You didn't train your husband very well did you?!

We need a nurse! and that is that! why we need a class on isolation rooms!!!!!

we can even meet in atlanta at the same time (or within a few hours) and go to Darlene's together! you won't be alone.

If your husband is worried about you going alone, you won't be.. I will be there!

besides.. I may need a nurse! I am going to miss my last chemo to go! this is more important.
oh and okra... the slime.. helps get them down! yuck!!! I prefer sprouts!

JC on a crutch...Westy girl.... OKRA ( yes caps !!!) is best when about 4 inchs long and finger thick, wash it and cut the ends off then slice crossways bout 1/2 inch, cornmeal it, fry in bacon grease till crispie... "thats" how ya do it, only damnyankees boil it and eat it slimy...

Grits?? I prefer Hominey, white or yellow, the yellow looks better on the table...

fresh picked polk greens blanched with more hot bacon grease...and corn bread with a bit of suger in it...[censored], forgot the pintos and smoked ham hocks to round it out gallons of sweet ice tea...

Now that's some fine eattin....

boiled....(*&@$^#*!@#&*$_)@#(.... eek
Originally Posted By: MommaDogs
GREAT!

DH is a second degree blackbelt in kenpo karate and teaches a self defense class. If we make it, he'd be available to teach some of that.

And Trip, that's why God made guns... but if the other guy has one also, and takes you by surprise, it's sure nice to know how to disarm him. smile

BTW - Darlene, Daddydogs wants to know if you have any streams on your property or nearby. I think he's thinking of doing some gold panning *if* he can find the time. LOL.

He's said we can come, we just have to figure out what to do with the kids now.

We're going to treat this as a bug out practice opportunity. Let's see how it goes.

MD...first God didn't make guns..God made man, COL. Colt made em equal..

I'll stick to teaching gun stuff...I'm too old and stove up to be dancin around in my knickers... grin

I'm still working on a way to get that turtle without havin him sink on us...still think a sunken net with some dead fish floating over it..lure him in and haul in the net...first we gotta find a net...

Me an Westy gonna deal with this dude...an not from the porch!!!...

Archived