MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fall Get Together

Darlene

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might point out that in our neck of the woods those big snappers EAT our little ducks. Takes them right out of the water next to mom and dad.

Might give Darlene a different perspective on getting rid of the thing! grin

bighug

Originally Posted By: Cat
**Looking carefully around for Darlene before whispering...**

I think everyone coming should take something to decorate Darlene's home. With DUCKS!!!

I don't think there is any way I can make the trip to Darlene's, however I would like to contribute:

I thinks this "covers" ducks AND turtles! rofl
**Looking carefully around for Darlene before whispering...**

I think everyone coming should take something to decorate Darlene's home. With DUCKS!!! Check out eBay... type in "DUCK"... they've got EVERYTHING!!!
outahere

I know where you live.

Need I say more?

darlene

lolol

Oh I am so jealous I so wish I could be there. DH and I are sorting through some serious financial issues right now so there is no way that we'll be able to make it, but I will start saving right now for next year so I won't have to miss out. It sounds like its going to be such a fun time.

Quote:
but I will start saving right now for next year

Looks like Darlene's gonna have an "annual event"...

roflroflrofl

Does this mean I have to mail her a Muscovy once a year?
wink

iwild0365%20Wood%20Duck.jpg
SURPRISE!!!!

whistling

happy02

Originally Posted By: cookiejar
Does this mean I have to mail her a Muscovy once a year?
wink

It means you'll be doing a special, personal delivery yourself.

she's got a pond... she's got a gun.... she knows how to sit on that porch, sip soda pop, and target practice! she loves to cook and in no time would have them their ducks canned up in a orange sauce!

Sure start sending now! duck dinner in October! yum!

• 2 weeks later...

Just reread all this thread. I'm so excited about it! This will be so much fun. Have anyone started getting a little more serious about what we are going to do - about everything: meals, sleeping arrangements, classes, etc.? Can you tell, I'm a planner? lol

I am sitting on the porch with my bell! I am a princess in training! and all those little details... left to the queen!

Is anyone driving past Springfield Missouri, Fayetteville or Little Rock Arkansas towards the meet?

I might, maybe might be on the continent around that time.

Being totally ignorant of distances in your fair country, I've no clue how far it would be from there.

yeah.. but I will be 36,000 feet in the air! thought about driving, but it would take me 7 days to get there and 7days to get back... and Darlene is gonna be stuck with me for 7 days!

I am flying and be there in 4 hours.

Christy, I think that is a great idea! meet up and go with others! helps defray the gas prices for sure!

oh, hit send then thought... (one brain cell left and it is slowing way down)...

we need to start a thread for those driving and see if we can get carpooling going! makes me want to drive!

I'm busy getting the pasture and pond area cleaned and some of the property bushhogged...

I figure I'll throw Trip pondside and let him contemplate the deeper things about snapping turtles. He can commune with the bull frog and rest of frogs that can serenade him at night. Maybe the snakes will do a little dance to their croaking for him...

I've got lots to do to get everything ready here. I bought 2 rundown places that are coming along but I am a princess and want everything perfect.

We will need to start talking about the details that you mentioned MomM, and like westie said, perhaps we can get some carpools going so that the costs are defrayed. If anyone likes to horseback ride, we could take a group up into the mountains. It's not for the faint of heart though...lol

DarleneSwoon

I'm excited!

I have ceiling fans Bis, so not to worry...she's on her own.

Besides, I just let her have the illusion of laying around on the porch. Once she gets here she'll be in for a good surprise.

Archived