MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fall Get Together

Darlene

Originally Posted By: Trip
I'm still working on a way to get that turtle without havin him sink on us...still think a sunken net with some dead fish floating over it..lure him in and haul in the net...first we gotta find a net...

Me an Westy gonna deal with this dude...an not from the porch!!!...

The truth always comes out.

Lure?

lolol

So much for a bullseye.

You're busted Trip.
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trip, so we need a net... drag the pond!

I am a california girl... bottled water, salad with a little lemon, maybe a little broiled or bbq meat.

turtle soup! LOL!

Originally Posted By: Darlene
I'm still working on a way to get that turtle without havin him sink on us...still think a sunken net with some dead fish floating over it..lure him in and haul in the net...first we gotta find a net...

Me an Westy gonna deal with this dude...an not from the porch!!!...
[/

The truth always comes out.

Lure?

lolol

So much for a bullseye.

You're busted Trip.

BABE !!
NOT EVEN !!!! when they get shot, turtles sink..so, ya want soup we gotta have the beast.. right?? see ??

It's called logic..I realize that concept eludes you but trust me babe... grin..

You want it dead, Westy wants soup..so here's the "NEW" deal..I shoot it, you dive into pond in VS skimpys and grab it before it sinks... roflrofl

This is getting better and better!!... cameras!!! action..
Originally Posted By: westbrook
trip, so we need a net... drag the pond!

I am a california girl... bottled water, salad with a little lemon, maybe a little broiled or bbq meat.

turtle soup! LOL!

OK Westy you weasle..this means you really don't wanna make soup outta the beast?? so it can sink for all we care right???

You city girls don't know what ya want... I bet there's gonna be a real country girl there that can handle the beast!...

I think bottled water would sell better with Scotch in it!! grin

I was thinkin' ... (of pain meds this is so much fun.. to think I mean.. them two brain cells used to get to rubbin' together and it would hurt ... flips blond locks... like and now like it doesn't hurt to think... this is so cool.. should have taken drugs sooner!.. think how much more I could have gotten accomplished!)

so I was thinkin'... get a little boat.. get in it.. get a pole with a rope and hook a fish on it! well snappin' turtle! heared that them there turtles won't let go!

okra and cheese? oh my this is getting worse and worse all of the time!

BBQ rattler is nice! can you eat copper heads or cotton mouths?

I was thinkin' ... (of pain meds this is so much fun.. to think I mean.. them two brain cells used to get to rubbin' together and it would hurt ... flips blond locks... like and now like it doesn't hurt to think... this is so cool.. should have taken drugs sooner!.. think how much more I could have gotten accomplished!)

so I was thinkin'... get a little boat.. get in it.. get a pole with a rope and hook a fish on it! well snappin' turtle! heared that them there turtles won't let go!

Cool...I find boat..sit in it, dangle you over the side, when you beller I know we gots us some soup... lol

They won't let go till it thunders..or so my ol granpa said....

Me thinks the idea of makin soup outta 40 50 year old turtle ain't to yer likin gorl...think your shuckin an jivin...thats a cal term...

sides I gotz a bet with the Princess..."WHEN" I don't miss I get some VS things to fly from truck Ant-anna... rofl this is gonna be so good!!!

ya, huh, Stephanie? Some peoples' kids....

I guess I missed the part about why we need to kill the turtle.

seems like one that big would've earned his spot in the pond...

yeah he's a snapper all right! a big ole one! I don't mind old meat! rofl!!! think I will stop there!

YOU rang luv????? grin
Originally Posted By: MommaDogs
Originally Posted By: Trip

MD...first God didn't make guns..God made man, COL. Colt made em equal..

DH says he's cool with that too... Colt, the original point and click interface. smile

grin

Ok--we can catch the turtle....

Fishin' style... Give Westie an excuse to put that stinky tackle box to use. grin

Huntin' style...Let Trip shoot it and have someone close enough in a boat with a net to scoop it up quick 'fore it sinks. hmmmmmm....any VOLUNTEERS???? rofl

Stompin' style (MY prefered method)....wait for the thing to get out of the water, step on back, pick up by tail. eek

OR!!!!.....

We can leave the poor thang alone like Luna said, (besides turtles are GOOD for ponds), and I can just bring some jars of turtle soup from the cellar. Caught, cleaned and canned by Necie. wink

All good ideas !! I know turtles eat the dead fish etc, or fish on a stringer, but I guess I just assumed a healthy fish could out swim a turtle... yes? no?...

Of course the Princess has made this a matter of honor so if I refuse to execute the poor beast I'm looking bad, if I do everybody will think I'm a redneck shoot up the country side type...oh well..

maybe I'll just invite it out for a few drinks and then haul it to another pond!!

Or just hand the rifle to "THE HER" and let her do it... rofl

We've got a guy that traps our pond in the summer catching turtles live. He catches them to kill and eat but they could be moved to another area if you don't really want to kill him Darlene. Just another option, if it hasn't been mentioned already.

DSS had an idea that we may be able to do a raffle. He was hoping that he may be able to come and win a new bow and arrow set. LOL. However, I thought it was a nice idea. Could do many things, canning supplies, etc. The raffle tickets can go to pay for the prizes first and then other stuff after. What do you all think?

Also, is anyone coming who can give some talks (at the very least) about hunting? DSS is so interested in it. Funny, he said he doesn’t want to learn to slaughter a chicken but he wants to learn to hunt. I have an uncle who is going to take him, but some knowledge beforehand may be a good idea. I told him if he can’t kill a chicken, he won’t be able to kill Bambi’s mom. LOLOL.

My children all asked to butcher.. we said at 10.. figuring they could handle an ax by then..

If we do a goat it is like doing bambi's Mom!

I will tell you what! if we get a goat.. he can shoot it! but.. he has to help 'field dress' at the very least! just don't tell him it is butchering!

**Looking carefully around for Darlene before whispering...**

I think everyone coming should take something to decorate Darlene's home. With DUCKS!!! Check out eBay... type in "DUCK"... they've got EVERYTHING!!!

roflroflrofl

outahere

Archived