MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Gorgeous Jars

YYY

Hi Everybody,

It is the middle of the night (middle of the morning?) here. I am so tired that I feel like my eyes are crossing. But I am so tickled. And I had to let y’all now.

I’ve been pressure canning for almost a year now. I only can maybe every 2-3 weeks or so. Tonight I canned 7 pints of chicken breasts. I just pulled them out of the pressure canner. I’ve been reading about how you all think your canned jars look so pretty, and all I could say when my jars came out of the canner was, “at least we’ll have food”. Well for the first time, tonight I can honestly say that my jars look absolutely beautiful. I don’t know if it’s the time (approx 3:15 am) or my tiredness or they just happen to be beautiful. Whatever the reason, I’m happy.

I know you all must know how I feel.

Thanks for all your helpful hints, suggestions and inspiration.

Happy, Happy, Happy YYY

LOL Congrats on your lovely, positively beautiful jars!!

PING!! Ping!

Congrats! canning

What an inspiring post.

I think they are gorgeous too! I look at mine with such love. I'll look at the veggie soup and see the carrots, peas, green beans and corn etc. in there. I think of all the wholesome goodness and how good it's going to taste in when the snow flies this winter. And the canned tomatoes, chopped up bright red with their little seeds floating around in the jar. Seriously, it's almost awe inspiring. There is nothing like looking at them all lined up on a shelf. It's not just you...they are pretty. Yep, I get it.

I even take pictures of mine. Olen Mills ain't got nuthin' on me.

I talk about my canned jars like I talk about my children (almost lol)...

I think they're absolutely beautiful, and something tangible that shows the love and work I've put into it.

Yep YYY, beautiful is the word....There's also this word of pride that enters my mind when I see what I've done.

Jeepers, I've been known to take pictures too. The full jars make lovely pictures.

YYY,

Congrats, you've been bitten HARD by the canning bug! smile

Yes, now you understand why we crazies take photos of our work.

I too, did chicken last night and it was indeed beautiful! I did pints and quarts. Indeed, a lovely thing!

I can't wait for more veggies and fruits this summer!

Your absolutely right, those jars of canned food are beautiful. I admire mine a lot. Those jars mean my husband, children, in-law-children and grandbabies and elderly mother will eat even if food prices get so high we can't afford to buy it.

Archived