MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

prayer's for my Sis needed

Jasminegirl

Just found out today that my Sister has colon cancer and has to have radiation and chemo starting in 2 weeks, then surgery after these treatments. They are going to have to try shrinking the tumor so not to have to take out too much of the colon. We have several churchs with prayer chains going for her. Thanks for all the prayers you all send up for my Sister. She is 50 years old and has 4 grown children and close to 14 grandchildren who all live 10 hours away from us. So they will all have to figure out if and how they can come down here during any treatments or surgeries she will have. She has been separated from her husband for 9 months now since she has lived down by us, who will be driving down tomorrow to come help take care of her,(so glad of this).

thanks everyone for the prayers. Took my sister to get her port (or whatever it is called to pump her chemo in), and the dr had discussion with other drs and they decided it would be in my sister's best interest to not take any treatments at this time dance ,,,, so they fixed up for her to come in to do her surgery on Sept 16th. shrug We don't know why they decided to do this but we are all thankful for this. Told my Sis that all those prayers are working for her. She also got to go back to work today and is in a much better mind about all this. She will have to be off work between 4-6 weeks after her surgery, then start on chemo. But we will also pray that God takes those treatments away too! praying My Mom had colon surgery 9 years ago and never had to take chemo or radiation and has been fine all these years. clap Anyway thanks for the prayers, and God Bless you all for them.

Archived