MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MrsSurvival's Fall Gathering...Who's Coming?

Darlene

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(hummm now how do I sneak that into my luggage and on the plane?)

>"Includes lift tool, starter booklet with seasoning tips,..."<

read the book on seasoning tips. I have only ever purchased 1 new cast iron piece, a huge dutch oven by Lodge.. it was a nightmare to clean! trying to get the industrial smell out! awful! so I scrubbed and scrubbed used a sos pad! scrubbed more, and finally after boiling water in it a few times got it all out.

then I seasoned it in my oven and I used lard. Now just because I did it doesn't mean yours is any where like mine. Hey, if it needs seasoning.. we will just have to do it there! ROFL!

Nice dutch oven and yes you will need to bring the lid lifter.

all my pieces are used.. well used long before I found them in the thrift store and yard sales.. hummmmmmmmm freecycle.org ?

Originally Posted By: Stephanie

But, for the record, here in the deep south, we don't generally drive around in our birthday suit...just for the record! whistling

There is a reason for that too...in the summer you would get blisters on your backside from sitting on the hot seat in your car/truck. rofl

New cast iron

Build campfire, toss CI into fire...cook off the new gaak stuff...for at least 30 mins...HOT..then pull it out and start seasoning ...with lard or ??? while it's very hot...outside avoids the smell and smoke....

I'm bringing a new BIG CI dutch oven... it needs to be seasoned ...

lunamother offered to host a mid-america Mrs. S get together!

Now we need to just start talking about it. Perhaps a new thread!

we need to find someone to host a west coast that is in the middle of us.

When I told DBF that Darlene was having this get-together thingy, I said, 'I am going. I'll get time off or I'll quit and find another job later.' (I haven't had a vacation in 8 years). Then I said, 'I will take the dog, but you will have to take care of the chickens and the rabbits...oh, yeah, and I'm going to get some goats too, so you'll have to take care of them.'

DarleneSwoon

He mumbled as he walked away...."Next time, they can all just come here."

Think that's a volunteer?

Mid-west get together anyone?

rofl

this is exactly what has to happen! the 4 corners of the US and everything in the middle!

getting together to meet, share, learn and if you don't know how.. do it together!

Originally Posted By: westbrook
Originally Posted By: Trip
[
GREAT !! I was worried...I'll be there whatca gettin me?? huh? huh?????

already packed!

The redeheaded blow up doll ..right??? grin

ARGGGGG...she lives in Texas!! mid America is like in the high country of New mexico....where it's cool...and beautiful and not in texas.... rofl
Originally Posted By: Trip

ARGGGGG...she lives in Texas!! mid America is like in the high country of New mexico....where it's cool...and beautiful and not in texas.... rofl

huh.

I was thinking springtime when the azaleas, dogwoods, wisterias, daffodills, redwoods, etc. etc. etc. are blooming...

just on our little piece o' Texas we've got live springs, a spring branch, a creek, meadow, hills, pines, sweetgums...

but if ya'll are dead set on having it ou in the middle of the desert.... neener

Why thank you! smile

If I ever make it over there, I'll be sure to say hello. Having a MrsS gathering would sure sweeten the pot! smile

All of the rest of my family lives in Arkansas and we only travel about twice a year (with so many kids/animals/expense/etc) so I've never even been to his place there and they're been there like five years!

Westie,

I posted somewhere that I would not be able to make it after all, due to a job change. But thanks for the thought. Of course, DS is 31 years old, but I am sure he will appreciate your thinking of him as well! grin

I was really looking forward to this gathering, and wish I could be there, but I start my new job on Wed, so ain't no way. Of course the good news is that after turning in my 2 weeks notice without another job to go to, I will not have even 1 day of unemployment. My last day at my current job is Tuesday, and I start the new one on Wed.

Hopefully there will be another time to meet all of you.

root digger... not even come for a day? you know a road trip! drive 1 day to get their, spend the day, and drive home!

and even your 31 year old son would like it!

Rezgirl,

IF I had longer to live... Northern NM is where I would go pick up 100-1000 acres of land. Of course depending on price of land.

I love NM and think it is yet uncharted investment land. My husband and I had been looking for a place to retire and spend the rest of our lives.. unfortunately.. I had planned on it being longer then 2-4 years.

It is God's Country! and you are blessed to already be there.

Originally Posted By: Rezgirl
Originally Posted By: lunamother

but if ya'll are dead set on having it ou in the middle of the desert.... neener

New Mexico is not all desert. For example- Santa Fe National Forest
There is some great wilderness areas where you can go on horseback to camp. Or hike in with a backpack (or BOB)if you're in really good shape grin

I was kidding- on accounta Trip's comment about Texas- I'd have to drive over 4 hours west to even see a tumbleweed smile
Originally Posted By: Rezgirl

New Mexico is not all desert. For example- Santa Fe National Forest
There is some great wilderness areas where you can go on horseback to camp. Or hike in with a backpack (or BOB)if you're in really good shape grin

I was kidding- on accounta Trip's comment about Texas- I'd have to drive over 4 hours west to even see a tumbleweed smile

I was just joking....I live inmy cave, I can go anyplace...even the end of the earth ....whistling:

We aren't going to make it. DH is just beginning to combine soybeans, 2 weeks later than normal, and it'll be a good month before field work is finished. If it was just the fall plowing left by the get together I could talk him into waiting but he'll still be picking corn so it just "ain't gonna happen". When it's time to plant, hay or harvest on the farm that's all there is to it, it will be done before anything else.

You all have fun!!!

Archived