MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MrsSurvival's Fall Gathering...Who's Coming?

Darlene

Originally Posted By: lunamother
good to hear, Trip- cuz I've got a KILLER honey-do list- Ward will love having some help with it smile

Don't believe all this honeydo list stuff the Princess and her evil sidekick are spouting.Iz re-tard.... rofl.. I kill evil turtles and MBG's..then I rest... grin
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Trip
good to hear, Trip- cuz I've got a KILLER honey-do list- Ward will love having some help with it smile

Don't believe all this honeydo list stuff the Princess and her evil sidekick are spouting.Iz re-tard.... rofl.. I kill evil turtles and MBG's..then I rest... grin

*note to self- write out HoneyDo List in tiny words- reference Tiny Dog as reminder....
Originally Posted By: westbrook
root digger... not even come for a day? you know a road trip! drive 1 day to get their, spend the day, and drive home!

and even your 31 year old son would like it!

Yes he would, and so would I. Well truthfully just me. When I told him what you said, his expression did not say "Ooooo, let's do that!" rofl

However, the financial thing will not work. I am going from a semi-monthly pay period to a 2 week pay period and I will end up a week short this month. I spent a long time yesterday juggling the budget to get the numbers to work.

Maybe next year we can have another East Coast gathering. Or I might even be able to get to a Mid-West meeting.

DD-19, Leah, is coming with me. grin

She is unemployed and has nothing better to do. rollingeyes

DBF has volunteered her to pluck feathers and skin the goat while I sit on the porch with BIG notebook and interrogate Westie about goats, rabbits, chickens, etc.

She said: eek "A DEAD GOAT!?"

I said: rollingeyes "Well, ya don't skin a LIVE goat!"

rofl

I haven't been on these lists long but wanted to come. I just got a new milking goat. Dh doesn't want to be responsible for milking twice a day. I really wated to see the butchering demonstrations for rabbits and goats.

Lisa, how far are you from Darlene? Could you just come for part of the day? Leave after the morning milking and return in time for the evening milking?

Or maybe convince dh to do just one of the milkings? I hope you can work it out. There is much learning to be done and friends to make as well.

Lisa... pack the goat in the car and bring her! put a diaper on her or cover seat really good with a tarp and plastic. Put a collar on her and hook it to the seat belt!

Of course if you have a truck.. put her in a crate.. don't have one that big? use 6 pallets.. can get them for free everywhere.. wire them together!!!! and good, then again cross tie her in the truck.

cross tie... this is where you take two stationary items... inside the truck bed is holes or two trees as an example.

|---.---| each | is bed of truck or a tree or fence posts or ? the . is the center point of the collar and the ---- represents the leash, rope or chain.

so put a choke chain on the animal find the center of the two points. Tie the rope or chin to each side. do not leave room for the animal to move except to lay down .. ok an inch slack on each side is ok. Not put animal in middle and hook them in.

this is called cross tying. the animal can not jump out or move except to stand or lay.

Darlene has plenty of room for her, dogs to protect her and lots 0f people to pet her! you can do a milking demo! WE WOULD LOVE IT!!

This is a perfect example of the responsibility of milking goats.

Lisa I am going to PM you.. see the top of the page.. the little flashy thinger.. means PM!

We've put goats in the trunk of the car to transport. We tie the trunk lid so it's up 3 or 4 inches and they ride fine and DO NOT go to the bathroom until you open the trunk lid and let them stand. However, if you slowly open the trunk, get a good hold on her, not letting her stand until you get her out, your trunk will be safe.

Our trips have been for 3 or 4 hours at the most and we've never had a problem. Maybe with longer trips you would need to let her out to potty and roam around a little before putting her back.

ROFL. Put a diaper on the goat, put her in the car and come on. You are too funny, my dear.

I wonder.

Hey Darlene, do you want me to bring the milk?

Do you have some kind of pen I can put her in once I get there? If not I might could bring some sort of posts and wire to make a small pen.

she has a pen with 3 young does in it. bring milk? OF COURSE!!! LOL!

oh wait.. I am not Darlene... she is on the phone with me. but I will make sure she sees this.

I put them in the back seat of my truck and car. roll the window down enough so they could stick their heads out!

she has a pen with 3 young does in it. bring milk? OF COURSE!!! LOL!

oh wait.. I am not Darlene... she is on the phone with me. but I will make sure she sees this.

I put them in the back seat of my truck and car. roll the window down enough so they could stick their heads out!

YO WESTY...tell the
the slaves wanna be fed so get off the phone...:D

oy vey! Darlene is giving Trip the what for! guess Trip is sitting at the table demanding food! and darlene is yelling back at him!

*I'm sorry. Congressperson (fill in the blank) is away from the phone right now, trying to save his/her sorry behind. Please try again later*

nope, Trip. guess yer on your own.

smile

*I'm sorry. Congressperson (fill in the blank) is away from the phone right now, trying to save his/her sorry behind. Please try again later*

nope, Trip. guess yer on your own.

smile

That's my girl...she always watches my back.

darlene

lol

Bring the goats Lisa, bring whatever you'd like...I have a pen and plenty of room for her to munch. We can tie them out in the pasture during the day or whatever you'd like.

Well where your all concerned the truth will never be in long supply in here......thupth

And i might add, the vote on her getting off the phone with the Left coast motor mouth and fix dinner was 4 to one...:D...

My 3 roosters have volunteered to be part of the main course at our gathering. They are 4 1/2 months old and would love to give their all for MrsS.

I am having DH make up adolescent chick seat belts for the car trip as I type this. happy02

Originally Posted By: Momo
My 3 roosters have volunteered to be part of the main course at our gathering. They are 4 1/2 months old and would love to give their all for MrsS.

I am having DH make up adolescent chick seat belts for the car trip as I type this. happy02

Just take an old ice chest, cut 3 holes in the lid..for they lil heads...then when you get here we can use a weed whacker to pop of they lil heads...:D

trip... how much time do you spend thinkin' up the stuff?

DARLENE!!!! trip has too much free time on his brain! you are not working him hard enough!

trip... how much time do you spend thinkin' up the stuff?

DARLENE!!!! trip has too much free time on his brain! you are not working him hard enough!

WHAT????????...I didn't "think it up" it was just there...hell anybody can see that..just the natural progression...jeeezzzeeee...girl...you live in a shelter for monkess's

Archived