MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Daughter's having surgery

babysteps

If any of y'all have a minute on Friday the 29th I'd appreciate a prayer or two.

MY two oldest were both born with clubfeet. They have both had several surgeries over the years to correct their feet and legs as a result. You'd think we'd be used to it by now...

Anyway, my daughter is having more surgery on Friday, to remove a bunch of metal pins and plates from her legs. The doctor says this is "a quick little surgery, only a couple of hours". Uh, yeah. As far as I'm concerned, those two statements are mutually exclusive!

Elizabeth isn't nervous, thankfully, but she could still use prayers for peace and quick recovering. And for the rest of my littles, that they not drive Daddy crazy while Mama is away for a few days!

Thanks, you guys.

Of course... it would be my honor to join in prayers for her (AND the family! wink )

May Elizabeth rest safely and securely in God's own hands...

bighug

Thank you so much, all of you that took a minute to pray for us. Elizabeth did great, the surgery went mostly smoothly, and she got to come home a day earlier than expected. There was some bone growth OVER the metal plates in her hips which had to be removed, which will probably slow down her recovery a little, but all in all everything went fine.

She's wobbling around on crutches for now smile but I expect her to be back to her usual active self in a couple of weeks. She doesn't let much slow her down.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just looking through the forum and saw this. Although she did well in surgery and is now home I want you to know that I am praying for a speedy recovery.

Lord, I pray that you keep Your healing hands on Elizabeth so that she continues to quickly bounce back from this surgery. Father, I pray that you give her parents the stamina that they need to continue to do the things that they need to do for their family. Father, you know their needs.....many that I'm sure she does not mention on this board....so I pray that You put Your hands on every need that Elizabeth's family has and give them peace and rest in You.

In Your Most Precious and Holy Name I ask these things.

Amen

Archived