MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

All Inclusive Crock Pot Meals

I need some recipes for all inclusive cp meals-the type where maybe you heat up some veggies or slice some bread, but everything else is right there ready to go in the cp.

I'll post one of our family favorites to get us started:

Mexican Lasagne

2 lbs ground beef (can be reduced, especially if you do more beans)

4-8 cups of beans (add more if you have a larger family)

4 cups cheese (I've made it with as little as 2 cups, still tasty)

Taco type seasonings of your choice (taco seasoning packet, home made seasoning, can of ro-tel, etc)

1 Dozen tortillas

Brown the ground beef with taco seasonings.

Cover the bottom of the cp with beans, then tortillas, then cooked beef, then cheese. Layer until you're out of ingredients, then cook on low for 2-4 hours. Serve on a bed of lettuce, garnish with tomatoes, avocado and sour cream. If you have unexpected company, serve over rice instead to make it more filling.

Because it cooks so quickly, I tend to keep the ingredients for this together in case someone does drop by unexpectedly.

Mo7

THANK YOU, dear woman! I caught this thread title in the forum list and sped right here. Now a version of this is in my crockpot. Don't have tortillas and don't have the umph to make them --- and ours is a smaller quantity. LOL I used Mare's taco seasoning recipe...posted here long ago. clap Chose the "with rice" version.

Now I can go down to feed my critters before dark and .....supper will be ready when I'm done. yumyum Love the crockpots & rice cookers!

You saved my poor tired brain...and our empty stomachs!

ThankyouThankyouThankyou.

MtRider [with NO brain function tonite!!! ] sassing

Originally Posted By: Mt_Rider
THANK YOU, dear woman! Don't have tortillas and don't have the umph to make them --- and ours is a smaller quantity. LOL I used Mare's taco seasoning recipe...posted here long ago. clap Chose the "with rice" version.

ThankyouThankyouThankyou.

MtRider [with NO brain function tonite!!! ] sassing

You're welcome! The thing about smaller quantity-this freezes very well. So you can take it for lunches or freeze it in one big leftover batch for dinner 2 weeks (or more) from now.

Pogo, thank you SO MUCH for all of your links! My brain is so tired right now with everything going on, and I really appreciate you posting them!

Mo7

You're welcome, MommyofSeven. When I get more time, I'll go through some of them and post a few recipes that sound interesting.

One of our favorite crock pot items is French Dips.

Put a frozen roast beef in crock-pot in the morning, on high heat. Pour water on 'til about 1/3 to 1/2 way up roast. Season with salt, pepper & garlic. Go to work.

When I get home in the afternoon, remove roast and slice it thinly. Make an au jus out of liquid left in pot. Place meat on crusty rolls, dip in au jus. Usually serve with pickles and chips or cottage cheese and sliced tomatoes.

The roast doesn't have to be frozen. Just usually works out that way 'cause I forgot to get it out to thaw first! lol

I've got a whole chicken in the crock pot right now. I cut up in big chunks a rib of celery, a carrot and half an onion, just so the chicken was not siting right on the bottom. Put in the chicken with about a cup of water on the bottom. A little pepper, paprika and sage sprinkled on the bird.

When It is about falling apart, I will lift it out, strain the broth and make gravy. Served with plain white rice and some side veggies. Yum, that's comfort food.

I was self-indulgent and used a crock pot liner bag for easy clean up. blush

Heres one that's popular witht he kiddos:

Peachy ribs

1lg can peach halves in light syrup (or a qt jar of last years bounty)

1/3 c catsup

1/3 c soy sauce

clove of garlic, minced fine

salt and pepper to taste

short ribs

Drain juice from peaches. Add catsup, soy sauce and seasonings to it. Mix well.

Brown the ribs in hot oil and place in the crockpot. Poor the peach juice mixture over them. Cook on low about 6hrs or high for 4. During last half hour of cooking, add the peaches. Serve with rice.

Archived