MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Broken Lawn Mower

Trip

The Broken Lawn Mower

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right and the other is usually the husband.

When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first: the truck, the car, e-mail, fishing, always something more important to me. Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point.

When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house. I was gone only a few minutes. When I came out again I handed her a toothbrush. "When you finish cutting the grass," I said, "you might as well sweep the driveway."

The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

Yup, Michelle...

Grab the biggest hammer you can find, and make sure he sees you heading outside. When he asks where you're going, just say, "I'm going to fix our lawnmower..."

Gets 'em up and out there *FAST*!!!

roflroflrofl

I can just see that at my house: Ol'Momma grabs leathal looking tool and sets off to inspire hubby to make needed repairs. Bre'r B'ar glances from his gun magazine and is interested enough to inquire what she's up to. "Fixing the Lawnmower." Br-B retreates back behind his pages and murmurs "Have anice time, Hun."

rofl Thats not good ol'momma! Hey thats how I got dd's room painted when I was pregnant, opened all the paint cans and climbed on top of a chair to start painting (at 7mos along)... dh came running! The room was painted by the end of the weekend.

When we were going to fix the floors in the office that he kept putting off, I took everything out of the room. He came home and I'd gotten out his saw and was measuring to start making cuts on the wood. He got to work right away.

Always works in my house... (Maybe because he doesn't want me touching his tools? shrug)

rofl You just made me spew dr. pepper with that comment! Yeah thats the agreement... Don't touch his tools! He keeps threatening to buy me my own set so I won't have to touch his lol.

Archived