MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

HELP! My pan is SCORCHED!

Not just a little but a whole lotta! I had turned of my simmering applesauce to go to work and my 10 yr old DD decided to make hot cocoa, however, cranked the wrong burner and walked away. I came home to burned applesauce (which we will still eat, I'm not a waster:?) and in the bottom of the pan, just black and crusted, can't even get it out with a stainless steel scrubbie. ewww

Any tricks or ideas? I love that pan. canning

I don't know but I have some of the soap sos pads that I bought at the Dollar General here that work better than anything I've seen on scorches in my pans. (Not gonna tell how often I need to use them rofl ) Maybe that would help?

When my hubby burns spaghetti sauce (think large round layer in the bottom of a stock pot), I pour baking soda over it and pour in hot water from the tap. Let set, maybe overnight. Most of it comes out in one layer and I just have to scrub the little line it sometimes leaves around the edges.

Originally Posted By: Kevin B 123
I have used vinegar & baking soda together, allowing it to sit for a while, ( as long as overnight) and then scrubbed. The solution "softens" the residue up.

Well, this is the one I tried, since these were the closest and it worked quite nicely! Thanks everybody! I will remember these in the future:?) thanks

Archived