MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

You-Hooo

Jeepers

I'm finally back on line...sort of!

First I was having cable problems and then computer problems. After the cable company FINALLY realized it was their wiring fault and FINALLY sent someone out to fix it, then my computer went belly up...twice. They (Best Buy) were good about it though and just gave me a new one. Then the TV went out...once again the cable company's fault and when they fixed it, I could only get black and white and no color??? I FINALLY fixed it myself. It was a loose wire! Now all of the TV's work and parts of both computers work. LOL.

I still can't get on line with my laptop. They (cable company again) say I need to put some sort of an adaptor on it. I tried the adaptor from the desk top but it doesn't work. Well, it always worked before without the adaptor so what is different now? Oh yeah...$$$$$$. I can not get them to understand that it isn't a wireless problem it's an Internet connection problem. Probably because they speak Indian and I don't! Burns me up big time.

So as it stands now, I still can't get on line with the laptop. I can get on line (after I unplug then plug in the wireless adaptor EACH time) on the desktop but I can't do any work on it because I no longer have "word" programmed in. Wonder where in the hell that went? When I get up enough courage I'll try to download it off my laptop disk. Ugh, I see more computer problems in my future.

What I learned is, after about two months I didn't miss the computer at all! Shocked me too! I'm getting quite a lot of stuff around the house done too. I got a new garage door and opener and a new double front door installed. I signed a contract for a new roof to be put on in the spring and am taking bids on a new fence for the summer. I've bought gallons of paint to redo most of the inside of the house. I'm going to try my hand at laying wood floors all through the upstairs, except the bathrooms, and living room and dinning room. If all goes well, I might try my hand at laying tile in the entryway and kitchen. That one is iffy though. I could probably lay it okay but not sure about the cutting. Can you tell that after I got the TV's up and running I've been glued to the home improvement/ flip this house shows?!

I'm also doing a refi on the house. I'm paying it down some and getting a better rate to boot. I'm at 8% now (groan) and I'm waiting for them to call for the final signing on a 4.5 no cost rate! Yeah me. There is my home improvement money. All that because I stayed off line!

So, I'm sorry I was gone so long but with at least one computer on line now, I'll be checking in much more often.

I can honestly say that I missed each and everyone of you terribly! I thought of you often and will never be gone as long again...even if I have to go to the library to check in. Boy, do I have some catching up to do.

Yowser! You had some problems! Glad to see you again.

funny-pictures-orange-cat-misses-you.jpg

Thanks guys. It's good to be back! I never gave up on preping. I got "a few" buckets of rice, noodles etc. put away. I had to have the house appraised for the re-fi so I had to really haul a$$ to get things put away and out of sight. That plan wasn't working so I put Plan B into action. Everything went to the basement with a sheet thrown over top. It's a temp measure though because I need to get things up off of the cement floor.

Hey Demim, I recognize you by your kitty pic! I was thinking about you and your first garden this summer. Did you get any venison for your new freezer? LOL

I put the dehydrators away during the cleaning process but now would be the perfect time to dig them out again. Our wind chill is below zero and the extra heat would be a bonus. Thanks for the reminder. No more peas though.

Archived