MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New here and saying hello

Wednesday

I'm stopping in to say hello. I registered awhile ago but forgot that I did, so now that I remembered I'm going to make some use of it. I'm a single mom of an autistic toddler and of a teenager and we're squeaking by as best as we can on child support so I can be with the little one. I'm also worried about what the future holds so I'm trying to plan for that. I've had a feeling since I was a small child that something big was going to happen during my lifetime that would be a world changing event and my feelings about that are getting much stronger so I'm starting to worry. I enjoy reading the posts here and I've been learning a lot so thanks you all for all the information you share.

Hello and Welcome. I'm a newbie too and have learned a lot from this forum. I never knew how to can before--but due in part to the ladies here, I've taken the plunge. Even my husband got involved and we've been canning up several qts of meat--twice! and planning a third time anyday. Would never have did it except for the encouragement I've read to others from the "pro's". You'll really enjoy it here!

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

welcomewelovenewmembers.jpg

I'm from MN too. :) We live in the North west central area. What area are you in???

There aren't a lot of us from MN on Mrs. S. so we have to stick together. :):)

HUGS37.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

Thanks for the welcome you all. Dee and Snowmom I'm right in between you, I'm in southeastern MN. I'm impatiently waiting for this snow to go away. I like to take walks with my toddler but I'm waiting for it to be above +40 degrees.

Thanks for the welcome you all. Dee and Snowmom I'm right in between you, I'm in southeastern MN. I'm impatiently waiting for this snow to go away. I like to take walks with my toddler but I'm waiting for it to be above +40 degrees.

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

You are right, sounds like you are about at the half way mark. :) But, you might and probably are a little closer to Dee than me.

I understand you being impatient, but, I would be happy to see the temp stay above 0º for more than a few hours at a time. It will be nice when it stays in the 40's then the 60's, but, I can't take a lot of the heat or the humidity we get up here so much in the summer any more. Hard on the allergies and asthma.

HUGS37.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

I know what you mean Wednesday. I walk daily, this time of year it's inside the preschool building where I work but I'm anxiously awaiting time to walk outside. Actually got to 1 day about 3 weeks ago. I'll be taking a toddler too but he's a grandson. He loves to stand on the bridge and throws rocks into the water to watch them splash. Don't suppose watching them land on the ice is nearly so much fun!

So glad you're here!

Archived