MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tired Tuesday

Dee

Today is cold and windy BUT the sun is out so that helps!!! Morning ladies :bouquet:

I am tired today. So tired and yet I'm babysitting 2 1/2 year old dgs and 6 months old dgd. I've been here since 7:30 and it seems like it should be at least 2:00 but it's only 9:57. Normally I love babysitting these 2 little people but I'm beat from sil's visit and our big weekend. Those of you that are in their 60's know exactly what I'm saying. I simply don't have the energy I used to have. DDIL won't be home until 6:30, at least, this evening. DH is out planting corn so I'm on my own. Wish me luck!!! :huh:

Anyway, that's my day in a nutshell. What are the rest of you up to? Sure hope you're more energetic than me.

Have a good one!

:bighug2:

I know where you are coming from. I'm tired and a slow day at work isn't helping. We had flurries this morning! About the only excitement around here...lol.

GOODMORNINGTRAY.gif

Oh yes, I sure do understand, and now it seems like it gets harder all the time. I'm wondering if the boys will be coming this summer, and I'm not sure I really want them all summer. :wacko: I do know that at least one will be a help if he comes but, the other one may not be such a good help. He seems to like getting into more trouble the older he gets.

For some reason I've been very tired lately, maybe once it warms up more and I can get outside, that might help. I think I'm going to work on something and then I just seem to not have the energy to do anything. :(

The sun is shining today and that is good,but, it is only 47º according to the Weather Bug and our high is to be 55º. It didn't make it to the 50º mark yesterday though, so not sure it will today.

HUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gifpsycoturtle.gif

Good Afternoon!

It's just after Noon and already it is 102 here. :knary: Birds are singing in the garden outside my room and the flowers are glowing in all their splendid glory with a light breeze giving momentary relief from the heat. The news was calling for a bad ozone day, so I'm staying in and catching up on everything.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

:bouquet:

Good afternoon!

So, I went to start the thread this morning and the computer decided it didn't want to acknowledge it was rainy, cloudy, and cold (with flurries when I went out). :huh: But it is starting to brighten up and I hope the rain is over for the time being. I have been thinking about this for a few days now - the older we become the faster time goes - they weren't kidding. It's funny how true it really is, I am trying to get as much down in as short of a timeframe as possible as every weekend except the first one in May is taken up with something and it's been that way since Easter. I grabbed the mail today and found an invitation to a wedding shower for the first weekend in June along with a long standing graduation open house for one of our 2 babysitters (sisters). I just laughed because there was nothing else to do.

My 88 year old grandmother-in-law was taken to the hospital at 1 a.m. Sunday night/Monday morning. Noone new this besides a cousin until 2:30 yesterday afternoon (my fil has power of attorney). No news but her sister called our house today looking for my FIL, the message was to cute, and I giggled.

I've spent the better part of the day making sure my dd life jacket fits and trying to find the same kind for my ds as we well need them for my uncle's Memorial Service & spreading of ashes. My uncle made the first life jacket his special gift to each of his great neices and nephews. So, it's been hard and I don't have the heart to ask my aunt. I ended up asking my cousin as his ds was the first to receive one.

I want to try and make some jam this week but am not sure the time is going to be there as we are going to be celebrating my SIL baby shower on Sunday.

Have a wonderful day! Jori

Cold and rainy... and every once in a while, the sun peeks out between the clouds just long enough to make you miss it all the more when it's gone!

I woke up this morning with a thought in my head that I just couldn't drop. It's Tuesday, and I have always wanted to go to the Tuesday auctions in my hometown. Dad used to go every week (it got him out of the house after he retired :lol: ) and he's been gone 11 years and I still hadn't gone. Gotta get kids to school, then work, etc. So this morning I went.

I could see instantly why he liked it. LOTS of "old guys" hanging around in plaid flannel shirts... I missed him SO much! :wub:

Anyway, I got a couple of things, and talked to some people, and found out that one of my Amish cousins works there. They told me that it's been closed for a while; this was the first auction in months. :0327: And they said that they get canning stuff in there fairly often, and it goes cheap. (But of course, that was before the current recession and the surge in canning.) I'm going to try and check it out for a while.

Went to the Amish store I like, and bought cheese and other stuff. Hubby will be happy when I pull out some treats I bought for him. Gotta parcel 'em out or they don't last long. <_<

Bought some sassafrass tea concentrate for Mom, and she almost cried when I gave it to her. I got some for us, too. *~surprise*~ for DH! One of the first things we did when we started dating was dig sassafrass roots and dry strips for tea.

ANYWAY... I guess I'll have to be good and not spend money the rest of the week. :blush:

Thinking of ya, Dee... was it fun? Wish I had a 6-month-old to cuddle... :)

Thinking of ya, Dee... was it fun? Wish I had a 6-month-old to cuddle... :)

Cat,

I have an 11 month old ds and a 28 (almost) month old dd that I would be more than happy to drive out for you to cuddle.....

Jori

Tired here, too....tired of icky weather. :( Chilly, rainy and windy. It's 42 out and I started a small fire in the woodstove to take the chill off.

Been out and about a bit. Took my DD a few bags of my frozen mashed potatoes. She's taking a nursing home class and the student's have to 'feed' each other today. She was assigned to bring mashed potatoes and knew I had to have *something* that she could make them with (raw, canned or instant). She was really excited that I had them already mashed and frozen. :) I figured the assignment is 'feeding' each other and not the actual preparation of the food, so tis ok with me.

Kagan had his first trip to the vet (and in a crate..he wasn't happy about that, but settled down pretty good). He liked the vet though...cat's to try and chase around, other dogs and the gals all giving him attention and COOKIES! He never even knew he had a shot--LOL--he was eating a doggie treat. :rolleyes: And they'd never heard of an Anatolian...receptionist was filling out the stuff on the computer and she said 'Hmmm, it's not even on here.' LOL He's 11 wks old tomarrow and weighs 25.3#...vet checked him all over and said 'Nice, healthy pup!' :)

Cat...I'd like to know more about the auction on Tuesday's? It's my day off and sounds like it would be something maybe my mom and grandpa would like (and me :) ). Would be a fun day for us.

Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL day (and staying warm in this chilly spring weather).

Good Afternoon!

It's just after Noon and already it is 102 here. :knary: Birds are singing in the garden outside my room and the flowers are glowing in all their splendid glory with a light breeze giving momentary relief from the heat. The news was calling for a bad ozone day, so I'm staying in and catching up on everything.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

:bouquet:

Pbthhhhh :girlneener: LOL Send some of that stuff north PLEEEEEASE. :)

It's a little after 5 and Mom called a bit ago saying she'd be home in a couple of hours. Sooooooooooo by 6:30 I may be able to go home and collapse. Actually, I got a 1/2 hour nap while they were down and I feel much better.

Oh yeah Cat, 6 month old Ella (her brother calls her Baby Eller and that may just stick) is a snuggler and giggler. Cute as a button and melts my heart with her smile.

Jaxen, 2 1/2, has had a few meltdowns today. Oh my but he can pout!!! :rolleyes: I finally gave up and made him take his nap early. He slept almost 3 hours and both of us needed it and now feel much better. :D

Time does fly the older we get, you're right Jori. It's amazing that another month is almost gone. Where do they go???

Annarchy, it looks like you're the only one with warm weather, albeit a little too warm I think. Actually, we wouldn't know though as it's been a year + since we've even gotten close to those temperatures.

Cat and Necie, I love auctions, be they household or livestock. DH and I talked about going to the livestock auction to look for a couple of calves last week when I had off but he wasn't feeling good so that took care of that. Maybe after I get out of school at the end of May.

Snowmom, I don't know about watching the kids all summer. You're a brave woman!!! :)

Hope your work picked up vigilant20. Nothing much worse than a slow day at work when you're tired. Then going to lunch and returing to your slow day is even worse!

Have a great evening all!!! :grouphug:

I usually take my Mom out on Tuesdays.

She never learned to drive.

We only went 3 places and we were both pooped when we got

back at her house !

She is in her mid 70's

I am in my mid 50s'

I think we both need some pep pills.

:P hugs pinkroses

Archived