MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Can you turn the music down, please, Mom?

ArmyOfFive4God

So we're headed home from Rock Springs earlier today, and my 5yo says to me:

"Can you turn the music down, please, Mom?"

I say "Why baby?"

He says- "So I can hear the......

Chicks!!!"

005small-2.jpg

:wub::cele::woohoo:

It's not my big order, but I PLUM FORGOT that the lady in Rock Springs was going to call me when she got hers in!!! After a REALLY crappy couple of days, I SOOO need that phone call this morning!

Thanks all! So far so good. We've got one that has pasty butt BAD, but I am cleaning him/her up & applying petroleum jelly and OO. The kids are glued to them. The dog licks her chops whenever I take them out & one of the cats is infatuated with watching them (but hasn't tried to get in).

Congratulations! They are indeed cute little peepers at that age. They grow quick, though! Have you named them or are they strickly 'farm animals'?

Two of my NEW NINE are roosters (hopefully no more surprises)

BUT - these are confirmed roos.... <_< One started crowing and one tried to.... well you can use your imagination. B)

And....now I'm really getting 'risky' - one of my older hens just decided to go broody, I've been discouraging her but to no avail, so today, I decided to let her try a clutch! I'll let y'all know in 21 days what comes of it. :unsure:

Me thinks.... someone has been spending too much time with her new chickies! :008Laughing:

I can't believe that we're really going to let her try to hatch some - what am I thinking? :huh:

Well, I guess we'll see in 21 days, not that long to wait - hard to believe they can do that so quickly. We'll have to go out there and take her off the nest a few times a day so she can eat and drink. She's an older chicken, I think that's why I'm giving in and letting her do her thing. ;)

Archived