MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

seed savers exchange

I was just teasing. Yes, jerusalem artichoke tubers are too big for the seed packets, I just happen to have WAY TOO MANY of them! If anyone would like some tubers, just let me know in a pm and I'll be happy to send them too you.

Andrea

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pleased to let everyone know we have another person who wants to sign up!

Thanks for signing up for this fun exchange. :cele:

so far we have 9 people (let me know if I missed you)

they are:

Amishway Homesteaders

Simplegirl

farmgirlwannabe

Ambergris

zophiel

wormguy

Andrea

Jake

ncnewbie

But there is still time to sign up as the deadline is not until Sept. 24 :woohoo:

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Oh how did I miss this??? Can I get in on this also? Pretty please? :curtsey::happy0203::bouquet::thumbs: I have quite a few different seeds I could send from tomatoes to butternut squash. All heirlooms. Just let me know what is needed. I don't want to send tomato seeds if there are others who are doing that.

Q

Okay. So here is what I am sending. I decided to send 2 just for the fun of it.

Here is the info on them from my journal:

Bush Beans

Germination 6-15 days

Days to maturity 49 (average)

Stringless and it keeps producing, and producing and producing

Great for canning

Snow Peas

Germination 6-11 days

Does not need support

Days to maturity 68 (average)

Very sweet edible pods

Hold up great in the freezer

Okay. So here is what I am sending. I decided to send 2 just for the fun of it.

Here is the info on them from my journal:

Bush Beans

Germination 6-15 days

Days to maturity 49 (average)

Stringless and it keeps producing, and producing and producing

Great for canning

Snow Peas

Germination 6-11 days

Does not need support

Days to maturity 68 (average)

Very sweet edible pods

Hold up great in the freezer

Thanks for posting what you are sending and I want, I want !

OK I am sending out sweet peppers (small and multi colored)

and a surprise seed pack

In case you were thinking of signing up for this exchange

You have 1 day left!

it closes Thursday night Sept. 24.

See the first post here if you need to know what we are doing.

*** For everyone who signed up . . . . .

PM's will be coming to you on Friday Morning with my Home Address and what/ how to send to me. So watch your mailbox :-)

I'll be sending some Basil. I may also be sending some Hot Lemon Pepper seeds (About as hot as Cayenne, only yellow, with a subtle lemon flavor). I'm not sure, it depends on the total people in the exhange. But I've certainly got some basil for everyone.

OK folks.....................................

as of right now the sign up is CLOSED!

*(unless someone from out west gets in before midnight their time?)

Right now it is 2:10 am here in NY and that is when I am closing the exchange.

For all the ones signed up I hope to get the PM's out to you when I get home from doing Museum Tours (4th grade classes today) on friday.

WOW!

you guys are fast.

(if everyone else gets them mailed to me soon I will pack them up and get them right out so we miss any frost that might hurt the seeds if they sit in a mailbox to long)

................................................................................

Glad to know that you got messages (and that it worked)

................................................................................

I will be watching for something in the mail and let you nkow when I get them here safe and sound.

Thanks-

Mine will be delivered to the post office tomorrow a.m., I just got them packaged up. I assure you that they will get sent because I've had a craving for bagels all weekend, and the bagel store just happens to be across the street from the Post office . . .

Mine will be delivered to the post office tomorrow a.m., I just got them packaged up. I assure you that they will get sent because I've had a craving for bagels all weekend, and the bagel store just happens to be across the street from the Post office . . .

So................................

Did you go to the bagel place before or after you mailed the package? :shrug:

What I really mean is -

Is there a extra bump in your package? :24:

PS sometimes I miss living in New York City and having the BEST Bagels fresh from the Bagel Shop. Here they have BAgel shops but it not the same - They even have one called Long Island (we call it a everything) BUT nobody has Egg Bagels like NYC . Lori misses them the most. Funny thing is - when we used to go down there to visit we had to stop at a bagel shop first so she could get her 'fix' and then before we headed home we would buy like 2 doz. and bring them home.

So................................

Did you go to the bagel place before or after you mailed the package? :shrug:

What I really mean is -

Is there a extra bump in your package? :24:

PS sometimes I miss living in New York City and having the BEST Bagels fresh from the Bagel Shop. Here they have BAgel shops but it not the same - They even have one called Long Island (we call it a everything) BUT nobody has Egg Bagels like NYC . Lori misses them the most. Funny thing is - when we used to go down there to visit we had to stop at a bagel shop first so she could get her 'fix' and then before we headed home we would buy like 2 doz. and bring them home.

Sorry, no extra "bump", I ate it! I actually ate 2 - one for breakfast and one for lunch! Package is on it's way!

I have my envelopes ready but am waiting on the pumpkin seeds to dry sufficiently before I package them up. Probably a few more days. I will be sending Winter Luxury Pie Pumpkins seeds. After tasting the pumpkin, I absolutely felt I needed to share these. They are a wonderful tasting and extremely smooth pumpkin. They are small and not terribly pretty (they have a off-white "netting" over the orange color) so would not be so great for decorative pumpkins but awesome for eating!!

I believe I will be able to mail by the end of the week- definately before the 15th.

Archived