MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunny and Clear Sunday

mommafitz

Howdy Folks! :wave:

Help yourself to some coffee and cinnamon buns. Yum!!!!

My bunch is still asleep. I'm enjoying the beautiful fall sunshine this morning. The air has a bit of a nip in it. Fall is my favorite season!!!!!! :cele:

DS2 hasn't been home from college in a couple of weeks but plans to be home next weekend. We seem to adapting ok to him being gone from home. DH and I spoke to some friends Thursday that aren't doing well with their DS1 being gone. I'm thinking the reason DH and I are doing ok is because we have so much going on to keep our minds preoccupied.

This morning DH wants me to go to his hunting lease to set up a tree stand. Deer hunting season starts next week. When we get home, I will be doing :clothesline::dusting: and other housework. I'm cooking a good dinner of baked chicken, sweet potatoes, and fresh green beans. (We went to the Farmer's Market yesterday.) DH has training out of town this week and I will be training a new-hire. We will have a busy week ahead.

So what are ya'll doing this fine day?

Good morning,

<Yawn, stretch, sigh.>

:pc_coffee: & cinnamon buns, mmmmmm.

Nice to see you back Dee and to hear you had a good vacation.

Time for me to get motivated, pack up and get on the road back home.

Y'all have a great day, don't work too hard and enjoy yourselves.

:bouquet:

Good morning Mommafitz and everyone else who follows~

It's wonderful to see you on here this morning. Hope the new job is going wonderfully but know that your missed!

It's a clear morning but I'm not seeing to much sun because of the cloud cover. We had a passing rain shower during the night sometime so things are wet but it works for our raised beds as everything, excluding leeks have been pulled and the beds that were pulled earlier have been turned.

DH is going to the outdoor range today with a buddy and then they are meeting several people there later. So it's just the kids and I today so I have to run and pick up sweet peas since the store has been out the last few times and find new shoes for both kids. :yuk: That will be the all day adventure since it took 45 minutes for them to pick out 2 birthday presents last week. I'm making stew, fresh bread and peach crisp for dinner, thought it sounded like a great fall meal.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning everyone! :wave:

You all are really ambitious this morning. I'm just getting around to the computer. :)

Hope DH gets a deer next week at the opening mommafitz. It's nice to get one quickly and in the freezer. Is it just your dh that has a license or do some of you others have one too? DS used to hunt but we took it to the locker to be processed, not doing it ourselves.

Hope you get back on the road and home soon Annarchy. Home is nice!

Ah Jori, peach crisp is my favorite. Wish you were close enough so I could stop in for a piece.

I'm hoping for sun today. Haven't seen it since Wednesday and I'm beginning to feel like the grinch!

Have a great day everyone! :grouphug:

Grand morning here. It's not oppressively hot yet, and there's some hope of rain for the day.

Collected six eggs before 9:30 and will probably get another handful around noon.

The catnip is dead, so we need to seed some more pots of that. One of the fall tomatoes is alive, but looking rangy and unhappy. (The puppy happened to it and the squash.) The garlic chives in their planter are setting seed nicely. I think I'll just turn that planter over to them.

Someone--not me!--planted a boat--not mine! over my sweet potato bed. My Jerusalem artichokes got bush hogged by the county and my peppers were mostly mowed down in an inexplicable lawn-mower pass through the flower bed. So much for stealth planting. Excavated three sweet potato vines. The longest vine is two feet long, with six leaves. I don't think there are any potatoes there, but if the first frost comes late enough it might still do a few baby bakers.

Paced out an area for a new clothesline and marked it. Luckily, there's no rule here that prohibits front yard clothes lines. Just a husband who doesn't like the idea. Friday's $350 utility bill softened him up some, though. It's been much higher since we lost use of the back yard clothes line. (Trees grew in unexpected directions--and one is a mulberry.)

One of the sulky little pepper plants is beginning to bloom...kid, you were supposed to do that four months ago! I wonder about potting it up to keep it through the winter. Or just leaving it in the ground and protecting it there. Some years we can.

DH is flea-combing the critters.

My DS1 will be home from the Marines in seven weeks or so. He will stay with us a little while and then move to an apartment in biking distance of school for the spring semester.

My DS2 is adjusting to new classes, and more of them. He's got something on his mind. I'm waiting to find out what it is.

The girls as usual are quiet, basically tending to business with little fuss. Sometimes I wish I knew what they were thinking. Sometimes I think it's just as well I don't.

The pantry is as bare as it's ever been, but it will easily get us through to the next payday. Today I have to prepare some motions to file so I can get back my seized bank accounts (mine and my son's) but since I'm told it usually takes a minimum of three months, the panic was followed by a peculiarly distant feeling instead of an urge to get things done. I will get back to the paperwork this afternoon. I've already filed the form to get paid by paper check instead of electronic deposit.

My arms and back are sore. Took the puppy out for some leash work yesterday. He's well-behaved on leash with DH, but is not used to my requirements. It turned into quite the contest of wills. I need to fashion a narrower-gauge choke collar, but I've been needing to do that for several weeks and haven't done it yet. We'll probably end up buying one.

We're having meatloaf today, with buttered noodles. I'm soaking lentils for it now, and hoping nobody notices. The last lentil-stuffed meatloaf was not the most popular dish I've ever set out here.

I'm putting on some red beans to soak for tomorrow's dinner--red beans with barley, using the family favorite red beans with rice recipe. If someone stops by today with a mess of fish, we'll have fish Monday and the red beans Tuesday. Beans don't mind an extra day to soak.

DH just slung the well-picked carcass of a roast chicken out for the hens to tear into. Feeding frenzy! Meanwhile the puppy stands there going "but...but...but...!"

wow--I think I am gonna do a whole lotta nothing today. lol I drove for 13 hours yesterday--so I don't see me getting too motivated to do much of anything today. The house remodel is coming along nicely--the laundry room, entry, and living room are finished. The kitchen and dining room will be finished within 2 weeks :cele: I sure am ready to have a functioning kitchen again--two months of microwave and toaster oven is just about enough for me!!!

There is a fall crispness to the air in the mornings and evenings now--still getting pretty hot during the day.

I ordered some fruit trees to plant in november--will be digging holes for them sometime this week.

I am suffering from severe tennis elbow from taking out all the staples holding down the carpet in this old house--I sure hope it quits soon--it is very painful--can't even hold my glass up to my mouth with that arm!!!

Today is my oldest dd's 25th birthday--WOW where does time go?? It seems like yesterday--I am wishing for her everything her heart desires this year!! I am also wishing her some wisdom to go along with her years--it is about time she grows up and stops blaming others for her problems. Tough love is toughest on the parents I think...

What is peach crisp? Sounds yummy!!

'morning ya'll, Beautiful day here! Jori, that peach crisp sounds like a good addition to my big black pot of turnip greens and small casserole of squash dressing ('cause I'm the only one here who eats squash). I've got to run to Mobile and check on some tires and pick up a few things at Target. I'm out of Vita-Top Muffins, and they are the only store around here that carries them. I like to keep them in the freezer for a quick breakfast or snack because all the fiber keeps my blood-sugar level ( and they are good,too!) :feedme: . I'll go by the fruit stand and get some good peaches. I hope everyone has a great day! Wish you could all drop by for supper. I love to feed my friends!

Trudy--I would love your recipe for squash dressing! DH will eat squash sometimes but I love em!

So far this morning just pre listing a few ebay items and going to hem a pair of jeans. I may have to take a nap in a while. It's nice, clear and warm here today. Next week is supposed to be in the upper 70s. Yay!

Have a peaceful Sunday everyone!

:wave:

Thank you for the well wishes...

Got home a bit a go, traffic was surprisingly well behaved.

Through some of New Mexico's plains, [~...'where the deer and the antilope play... where seldom is heard a discouraging word....' ~ :happy0203:], all the way up into up to the base of the rocky mountains, the locust were swarming across the road. :yuk:

Laundry is cooking and DH went to "get dinner" so I don't have to cook.

MIL is doing well, we had to change out her DVD/VCR unit for one with a tuner so she could watch her football with Picture In Picture. Wow, has technology changed. Service attendants at all the stores, didn't have a clue to old technology that 'used to do this & that'. Now, you have to purchase extra equipment, making the cost astronomical compared to the technology we had in the '80's & '90's. (I feel so out of the loop.) Time to... get creaking my books and learn'in again. lol.

Gotta go for now... lots to~do ....

hey snapshotmiki, Just got home and put up groceries...and read your post. I don't know how to post in recipe form, but will just list everything. Squash Dressing- 1 box Jiffy cornmuffin mix, 1/2 onion + 1/2 belle pepper + 1 stalk celery (chop all) 2 cups cooked squash, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1/2 stick margerine, 2 beaten eggs (optional) Mix jiffymix as directed. Stir in chopped seasonings then bake until done. Smother fry squash until soft (or use leftover from another meal). Mix cooked squash, melted margerine, soup, and eggs. Stir in cornbread. Put in buttered casserole and bake until set - about 30 mins @ 350. Mine turned out really good today. This is what my family requests every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. My dh and ds are the only two that dont love squash, and we have a huge extended family at holidays! Hope you enjoy it too.

It's on the same order as a crumble or cobbler, depending on what region you are in.

Peach crisp:

peaches

cinnamon

sugar

pinch of salt

topping

oats

brown sugar

flour

butter

wow--I think I am gonna do a whole lotta nothing today. lol I drove for 13 hours yesterday--so I don't see me getting too motivated to do much of anything today. The house remodel is coming along nicely--the laundry room, entry, and living room are finished. The kitchen and dining room will be finished within 2 weeks :cele: I sure am ready to have a functioning kitchen again--two months of microwave and toaster oven is just about enough for me!!!

There is a fall crispness to the air in the mornings and evenings now--still getting pretty hot during the day.

I ordered some fruit trees to plant in november--will be digging holes for them sometime this week.

I am suffering from severe tennis elbow from taking out all the staples holding down the carpet in this old house--I sure hope it quits soon--it is very painful--can't even hold my glass up to my mouth with that arm!!!

Today is my oldest dd's 25th birthday--WOW where does time go?? It seems like yesterday--I am wishing for her everything her heart desires this year!! I am also wishing her some wisdom to go along with her years--it is about time she grows up and stops blaming others for her problems. Tough love is toughest on the parents I think...

What is peach crisp? Sounds yummy!!

ohhhh ok--we do crumbles and cobblers down here in texas--cobbler is more like a pie--crumble has the brown sugar/butter toppings thanks

Don't thank me, Thank Elton Brown! I had no idea until he did a show on all of them one night. :busted:;)

ohhhh ok--we do crumbles and cobblers down here in texas--cobbler is more like a pie--crumble has the brown sugar/butter toppings thanks

Archived