MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Winter Saturday

Dee

It's raining now, then turning to ice and then 3-6" of snow starting this afternoon with 27-30 mph winds, gusting to 43 mph. Can you say blizzard? Why do we live here? :faint3:

Anyway, we're fortunate to have a nice warm house and as long as the electricity stays on our TV, comptuers, lights, etc. will work and we'll just hibernate. I do feel for those that are homeless and the poor that can't keep warm, dry and fed. We have been blessed!

So, you all have a great day and let us know what's going on in your little corner of the world!

:grouphug:

Our neighbors have our guest intl students out at the snow tubing hill this afternoon. None of them have seen snow before. After they freeze to death, they're all coming over to our place for chili, hot cocoa, a bunch of finger food and some carrot cake for dessert. I think there will be twelve of us. :campfire:

We started everything early due to the rain coming our way. :happy0203:

You must be close, Snapshot! We are at 75 and lots of sunshine! I've got the windows and doors open and just shooed a honeybee out before it gets hurt!

Laundry is nearly done, and I only have to vacuum and the housecleaning will be finished! That's WONDERFEE!!! Making rum balls and peppermint bark and apple turnovers this afternoon before Sam gets home around 6. Then I'll have to get to the grocery store for essentials to keep us alive.

Homey - - sounds like you're having a great time! Enjoy the kids. Dee, hope you stay warm and dry.

Hugs to all!

Today is kind of nice... The temperature is around 35 and the icicles on the roof have been melting and falling all day. It is amazing how warm 35 degrees feels after having temperatures in the teens and twenties! I did some work on the quail cage and put away some of the firewood that was delivered yesterday. Just came back from the mall and am now settling in. I've got decorating to do tonight... I have putting off the Christmas tree for far too long!

We're supposed to get rain tonight and into tomorrow that will turn into a rain/snow mix or snow. Either way, it'll be messy! This is more like our January weather than our normal December weather. I hope to get our shopping done early before the panic crowds hit the stores for their bread, milk and toilet paper. I worked at a grocery store in high school and that's what everyone seemed to rush into the store for anytime it snowed.

My roof isn't finished yet. Gutters are all up but almost all are leaking. :( I thought the stressful part was scrimping and saving the past several years to be able to pay for this. Compared to what we are going through now, that was the easy part. So, I'm working on not letting this steal my joy.

DH got a deer today, a doe. Most of her nose was gone and what was left looked infected. We called the Game Commission and they came to pick it up. We wouldn't be comfortable eating the meat. I know DH was disappointed as this was his last day to hunt deer for the season. I told him that even though we didn't get meat for the freezer, maybe God was using him to end the doe's suffering.

We filled our kerosene cans. It is up to $3.50/gal. here.

I ordered a fresh turkey breast from a local turkey farm for our Christmas dinner. December is flying by!

Kerosene is 3.75 here. It spiked from 3.19 this week. We filled all the cans up today. We will have enough to last a little over a week if the power goes out. Just rain now but it's getting colder.I went to the grocery store today before it started to rain.I got a nice oil lamp with lamp oil at a garage sale this fall and I picked up more wicks at the store. We have our generator so we should be good. I hope.

I never feel ready enough.

I'm getting confused about our weather forecast. It seems as though the storm might not be as bad as we thought that it would be. However, I do see that snow is in the forecast for every day this week. Not a lot! Just a daily grind of snow...

Archived