MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

On the road again !!!!!!!!

snapshotmiki

:whistling: We are packed and leaving in the morning! Heading for Texas for a couple of months. Please pray for traveling mercies for us. We tried to get the truck tires replaced starting two weeks ago and it just did not happen--long story about a bad business. The tires are not bad, dh just said it's about time to replace them. We are going back to where we spent our first winter away from home. That was eight and a half years ago.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow and if the broadband card works wherever we stop, see you then.

Dear Miki, please stay safe. If you have a chance, please let us know how you are doing along the road.

Give the dogs a big cuddle from me and a bigger one for you.

Drive with care and keep your eyes peeled on the road.

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts, MomM and Christy! We are safe in Lordsburg, NM for the night. hopefully will make it to Ft. Stockton, TX tomorrow. 400 miles today, Wow! How long would that have taken on the wagon train with the pioneers?

And at a serious note, if tshtf and you are on the road... Could you have a span or horse or ox in front of your vehicle and have them drag it? And how long would it take?

Without revealing it to an open forum maybe, do you have a set destination in that case?

Yes yes, poke fun, I'm a worried mother :grinning-smiley-044:

On a good day, maybe 20 miles. Some diaries give more, some less but I often wondered if they knew exactly how many miles they went? :) I often wondered about what Christy suggested with our motorhome. I can just see us going down the road behind a team of oxen or maybe some mules. LOL

More to the point, if TSHTF, do you have hidey holes to run to and/or a good way to camo the whole thing? How long could you stay hidden in your rig? We had a great (and sometimes hilarious) discussion a few years back about getting our own motorhome ready as a Bug-out-mobile. It's long but fun and gave a ton of ideas for how to bug out "on the road"! It even involves trying to take chickens and goats along. ( I really DO want to do that LOL) Here's the link if anyone's interested. Motorhome LIving in TSHTF

Stay safe Snapshot.

:bighug2:

Mother, your link does not work. I remember the thread you are talking about.

Miki, I hope you have a safe trip. Did you see the billboard that says "Jesus Christ is welcome here in Lordsburg"? Makes me smile every time I go through there.

Ann! Yep, I love that sign also!!!! Christy--our travel trailer would have to be schnauzer powered. Probably wouldn't get anywhere! As far as having what we need to survive, we do. I'm just whiney and do't want to have to do that in the desert.

We are in Ft. Stockton and have another 300 miles to go tomorrow to our temporary destination in the hill country. After a month or so we are heading a few hundred miles more East. Hope to stay in one place for a bit.

Mother-- We could only camoflauge the trailer to look like whoever stayed there was not worth robbing or even going through stuff. Back in FL, we kept the outside of our house cleaned and mowed but no landscaping or anything fancy outside. The rottweiller and mastiff probably helped too! LOL

Thanks again for all prayers and wishes!

Miki, pay no attention to our doom and gloom. Worried mothers. You know the kind. :grinning-smiley-044:

But this might be a solution:

Couple of these and a whip, you're flying.

212960_B_pu.jpg

Hah!!!! We got here around one pm today. mostly settled in andready to call it a done deal! Made reubens for dinner and a freezie pop. It was 91 at about 2 pm. Going for a ride tomorrow to see how much has changed since '03.

Hope you have all had a great day!

Archived