MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

First snowfall of the season................

THE DATE: November 18, 2011

THE TIME: 12:25 am

THE EVENT: Michael wakes up Lori to go for the annual "First snowfall snow walk around the block!

This is something we do every year on the first Snowfall of the season. AND it does not matter what time, day or night, that it happens, we go for a walk to enjoy the falling snow.

Then its back home to a warm house for hot coco for Lori and coffee for Michael.

:AmishMichael2:

snow already i am so not ready for snow still trying to get use to the cold weather and then it gets warm again. I have heard people saying its going to be another big winter for snow.

It is 45 degrees outside this morning. (70's - 80's during the day.) Sun is shinning, birds are singing and the hummingbirds are continuing their feeder wars.

Continuing my 'white glove' cleaning of my house, preparing for MIL to be here next week until the first of the year.

I am not prepared for Thanksgiving next week either. This year I am thankful for the little things. We are alive and have food.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Awwwww... That sounds awfully sweet!

Ask me what I think of snow when it is late February and we are shoveling our 160th inch of the fluffy white stuff! I've learned that no matter how much I glare at the snow when it falls, it just keeps on coming. I need to invent a super radiating heat gun to keep the snow from sticking. I don't mind a little bit of shoveling but when it is day in and day out...

Well we went back to bed at 3:15 am and then I got up at 5:30 Lori UP at 7:00 am to head out for the morning.

Did take a nice ride to a CVS (1/2 hour away) as they had some good deals, plus we had coupons. The snow was gone by then but the air still smelled so good.

When back went to a Christmas sale at Local Library (found a few things we didn't need but Lori got anyway- LOL), Then stop to talk to a friend.

Came home and I made home-made pizza. Lori went to work @ 12:30 (picked up a friend that need to go to library, and I started clean house as I was busy this week and missed Tuesdays cleaning of bath & Kitchen and Wednesdays cleaning of other rooms downstairs.

Fish and french-fries for Supper with home-made coleslaw, then we have to make a trip out to Amishland (hate driving in the dark) to see some that are here for a family reunion.

Then back home to CRASH!

So how was your day? LOL

So how was your day? LOL

Here I was playing on the computer, I forgot I was supposed to get DH up to go to the Dr. :misc-smiley-231:

Dr. said he's fine, nothing to worry about. A couple things can be done, only if DH really wants to choose those options.

Got home and took it easy for a while.

Preparing for my maid duties tomorrow :dusting: and packing to leave to go get MIL.

First snow for us as well today :)I took Ben out to see and touch his first flakes :woohoo: he was not impressed :laughkick:

Oh Ben...is that the baby in your avatar? I just love, love, love that baby. He ALWAYS makes me smile. :wub:

Some days he is my only 'shiny penny'.

Snow! What I'm the world is that?! I think maybe I've heard of that stuff. It's white and fluffy and COLD...right?

.................... and our one cat was going NUTS! until we took her "snow/ice cube" little metal dish (it is a 'play' cake pan from that easy bake toy) outside and brought back in a dish full of snow for her to EAT!

Pured for about 2o minutes after that. But the next day she sat in the window and wanted more (but it was gone).

How did we know she wanted more? When you got close to the window she would push the dish towards you with little and wine!

Archived