MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

*Facepalm*

Some days I wonder how men & women ever survive together, yanno?

I thawed out some pork loin chops the other day and wanted DH to grill them, but time slipped away and I fixed something else. He knew they were in the fridge, though.

So we're walking in the grocery store and out of the blue he says, "So those pork chops are spoiled, huh? Should we get something else?"

I asked, "What? They're not spoiled." scratchhead.gif

"But they're all black; I figured they spoiled."

shakinghead.gif

I was marinating them in Teriyaki sauce since they were in there for an extra day. :shakinghead:

sigh.gif

(They were great tonight, by the way.) :happy0203:

I am sooo glad my dad, my son and my older brother are never afraid to step in to the kitchen and cook or get the grill out and explore the variety of things one can grill ( including the concept of marinades)..... that way they know enough not to be afraid of what I would do or other women in their lives who may usually be doing something in the kitchen.

For me, studying the way cheeses are made , that seems really odd , as automatic as it is to pick up a package of cheese at the store , and we have done that all my life. So that part of creating food from scratch has been a real mental adventure. If I was in the middle of making some here and someone walked in during whatever part of the process I was in or seeing them drying , they would surely freak out and think something was wrong , since most folks have no clue about it these days.

add the concept of molds injected in certain cheeses and they would get the screaming meanies I bet! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

At least you were able to use them, Cat.

My DH waits until I leave or go take care of MIL, then, he trashes anything he doesn't like in the frig. "Oh, BTW, I cleaned out the frig for you dear." :misc-smiley-231:

At least you were able to use them, Cat.

My DH waits until I leave or go take care of MIL, then, he trashes anything he doesn't like in the frig. "Oh, BTW, I cleaned out the frig for you dear." :misc-smiley-231:

Yours at least takes a stab at the cleaning. Mine's squeamish. Also hates to waste food, so he can't bear to throw anything out, and so leaves me to do it. He has freely admitted this.

But since he's squeamish he freaks out if I do it while he's around! My "alone time" is near nil; and I get to spend it cleaning out the fridge. :banghead:

Archived