MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Off to the Vet....very worried

Off to the Vet with my Dachsund this morning and I'm very worried about my little Tucker. He is very well-trained and never goes in the house and last week I woke up up to bloody stool and small piles of "bloody mucus". This happened two days in a row then it stopped so I thought it may have been his food. There were two days of nothing happening then it started again yesterday with it being straight diarhhea and blood.

I'm worried sick. He is like my child. When I'm having a bad fibro day he curls up next to the place the at hurts the worst. When my daughter's epilepsy started up b/c of her meds not being strong enough he was stuck to her like glue until we got her straight on her meds. He is just precious and I can't stand the thought of something being wrong with him.

I know I'm a sap!!!

The vet just called and said that he did not find blood in stool and couldn't find anything "wrong". Said he would put him I'm an antibiotic, give him some low fat dog food and watch him. If he sees any blood then he will be doing blood work to check pancreas. I told him that he was so picky with his food but he told me that the dog was training me. He also has separation anxiety so I doubt he will eat. This am when I dropped him off he would not go with them. He started running backwards on his leash. They picked him up and he fought to get back to me whinnying the who,e time. I had to fight back a huge cry. I want to take him home so bad.

Praying for your little puppers! :pray:

I felt the same way about my dog. I'd cry if I had to go away and board her. I had worse separation anxiety than she did. Whenever she was sick, I was a nervous wreck. That is part of the reason I never got another one.

I'm a big sap too. :hug3:

Keep us updated!

Awwww, hope they can figure it out. I'm a doxie person myself, just love the breed. We have one who seems to always know when you aren't feeling good and sticks with that person too. I have fibro myself so he tends to be with me a lot. Always seemed to know when I was/am going to get migraines too - he seemed to "bird dog" me and I finally figured it out that it happened prior to me getting migraines.