MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Oh no! I didn't reaaly forget to put the chcken in the fridge

Yes, I did.

I pulled it out from the deep freeze around noon and just saw it on the counter (19 hours). It was frozen solid when I pulled it out.

It feels room temp, the paper does. Do I need to toss it? Or can I use it? I was going to make chicken soup to can.:(

Open it and see if there are still ice crystals. If there are, it's safe but make sure to cook it all the way through. If there are no ice crystals, I would toss it. Better safe than sorry.

If you do cook it and eat it and then get sick :mornincoffee: ...........................

One of the best things to eat after you get sick would be chicken soup.

OH :faint3: , Never mind. :banghead:

Sorry, just trying to make a funny.

BUT, as others have said- better safe then sorry.

So, IF you think it might be bad, then it might be.

So lose the small amout of money you paid for it or eat it and then spend $$$$$ trying to get better?

:AmishMichael2:

I'd trash it! Not worth getting you and your family sick.

Don't feel bad....Last winter, I was digging something out of our deep freezer in the basement. I set a ziploc bag on the floor containing 2 nice beef roasts. I just set it down for a "second" to get a whole chicken out that was underneath. I got the chicken out, shut the freezer and went upstairs. That "second" turned into nearly a week! :Blushing: I was glad the ziploc bag didn't have any holes it it. There was alot of blood in that bag.

I was upset with myself over it. :sad-smiley-012::motz_6: But DH just told me stuff happens and not to worry about it. :wub: I wouldn't have been so gentle with him if he would have been the one to do it. Ever since then, I've been trying to be as forgiving with him as he is of me. So I wasted 2 roasts but learned a lesson about not being so hard on DH when he screws up. Priceless!