MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Do You Know What I Discovered???

Dee

I had grapes to can yesterday and then found chicken hindquarters were on sale again so I wanted to can more. I went to the store yesterday and thought I would probably have to freeze them until another day. I HATE doing that!

You see, Homey and her DH are coming for lunch today so I HAD to do some cleaning!!! THEN I had a lightbulb moment. They are rare but they do happen once in awhilefrying%20pan.gif .

Homey's name is what???? HOMESTEADER and she's a member of Mrs. S. after all. Good grief she'll understanding my canning mess and messy house.

It's the 1st time in my life I've felt comfortable with someone , especially a new someone, coming to visit and NOT spending 2 days cleaning. Instead I have canned grapes and canned chicken cooling on the counter.

Welcome to my home Homey and DH, mess and all. I LOVE IT and now that I've figured this out you're all invited!!!:behindsofa:

Also, I saved enough of the cooked chicken and we're having chicken salad sandwiches. Life is good!!!

P.S. Don't think I'm a total idiot, I did do some picking up! :0327:

I loved reading your post. It reminded me of myself. When I hear someone is coming I start start cleaning the house. When time is running out, I start loading up the closets, surely they won't look in there! LOL

It's nice when someone comes, who understands I actually live here, and comes to visit me and not my house. Homey and Dee can drop in here any time and roll up their sleeves and start peeling. Come to think about it I'm sure there are a lot of others here too!

I love ALL the people here. No really. I do! :cheeky-smiley-067:

We finally made it back home this morning on the bikes after a 1100 mile bike ride. Had a GREAT time at Dee's. It was wonderful seeing all the quarts of grapes lined up on the counter-top. Reminded me of home many years ago. The backdrop was perfect, Dee. :happy0203:

Thanks for a perfect afternoon. Your DH is SO SWEET! He's a real keeper! :thumbs: We loved his smile and laughter. He makes new people right at home. And, Emerson made us feel right at home, too. I'm glad he's not an ankle biter. I'm not very good at repairing holes in leather boots. :-) :24:

I noticed lots of red tomatoes on the vine as I was carrying the suitcase into the apt. I'd better get the dirty clothes in the washing machine and go pick lunch for us. We're STARVING after a long ride this morning. The last 100 miles is always the sweetest. :eclipsee_Victoria:

post-35-094729500 1345395456_thumb.jpg

Ah, so glad you're home safe and sound! It was a great visit and you too have a keeper DH. Nice, nice man!!!

I got your text saying you got your intercoms thingies working. So glad you could visit with each other.

Galen said, as you were driving away, "I'm glad it's them riding bikes for 450 miles. I laughed and agreed with him. Then we looked at each other and said together, "they're glad it's them taking the trip too.".

Anytime you're in the neighborhood Homey and DH you are welcome in our home. I know it'll be often since we live on a highway to everywhere....NOT!!!