MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hope she moved to CO recently......ayi yi yi!

Mt_Rider

Saw this on National News...  Please tell me she's not really from this state!!  :o  And I pray she gets her priorities straight:  my own child vs earth mama to WILD ANIMALS!  This could have turned out to be soooo bad!

https://news.yahoo.com/colorado-driver-puts-injured-bobcat-210623374.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_15

Really.....I hope she realizes how utterly  :misc-smiley-231:  her impulse was....

....some of the comments are pretty funny tho  :whistling: 

MtRider  :pray: 

Edited by Mt_Rider

Another part that bothers me while reading a lot of the comments:  Well, she had her heart in the right place:wub: 

NO SHE DID NOT!  Good Heavens, people!  That's a load of Fairy Dust and Unicorn Poop!  Her HEART should have been first for her 3 yr old son!!!  :wub:   NEXT, her heart should have been to protect herself....so her son did not lose his mother!  Calling in the professional animal folks for the poor critter should have been THIRD in her concerns!  

There were a lot of comments about her earning a Darwin award.  [the children of the wise/strong survive to procreate...]

Rule of First Aid......do NOT move the victim unless it is absolutely necessary.  Hmm, guess she didn't know that one either.

MtRider  :buttercup: 

• Like 1

I wonder how the little one kept quiet with a wild cat beside him. Here kitty kitty. Sigh. I can't imagine the thought process.involved in picking up a wild injured animal and being trapped in the car with it when it went off. With my three year old in the back seat with it. It's a wonder she didn't go through a drive-thru for some good smelling enticing food. 

But in some other good news, I read where six states, including Colorado, now allow women to walk around topless. Fair is fair I guess. I've seen some shirtless men who could use a bra. Or as Seinfeld (George actually) said a "bro" or "manzier". I would think a more prudent thing to do would be to have men cover up instead of allowing women to go topless. Some people must be starved for attention. Well, they might get it. The wrong kind. My granny used to say, "If you advertise, don't be surprised if someone comes knocking at your door". Not PC, I know. I ended up on a topless beach in Greece once. Eye opening experience. :D

ANNNND then we have BULL ELK in RUTTING SEASON......  :buttercup: 

These folks are in Estes Park Colorado......but not necessarily Coloradoans.....right?    Trying to keep our state from becoming the idiots of the nation here!!!  ;)  

https://www.foxnews.com/science/wild-elk-attacks-woman-at-colorado-park-2-people-injured-never-ever-get-that-close

Seriously tho...this IS a very dangerous situation that folks need to be aware of.  Those folks are lucky not to have been seriously hurt [by the elk; not the rock] or dead!   :(     WAY TOO CLOSE, for sure.

And not just the huge elk.  We have an occasional MOOSE ....who are kind of surly critters to begin with.  Even a mere deer buck ....I had 3 of them approaching me one year about this time.  I got into my car...which was closer than the house.  Deer do not normally APPROACH humans.   ....NOT gonna mess with that hormonal thing they've got going on.  :grinning-smiley-044:

MtRider .....see?  I really do live in the wild WILD WEST! 

Edited by Mt_Rider

:shakinghead:

Nature is wild, it will hurt you.  No it isn’t a happy little puppy!

We have bear, bobcats, mountain lions, coyotes, Mexican leopards, rattle snakes, Gila monsters, etc.  not including deer, elk & such, and we hear stories every year about people thinking the creatures are cute and would make such a good pet.... just before it attacks them.   Do not let a gila monster bite you!  It’s saliva has chemicals in it that causes intense pain, plus, once it bites, it doesn’t like to let go.  Interesting facts about the gila monster... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gila_monster

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

We have the cutest deer in my yard. Accidentally get too close one, especially a momma, and you will hear all kinds of snorting and stamping of feet. Those hooves are razor sharp too. Now that you've mentioned it, in the thirty years I've been here I've never heard of anyone getting hurt by one of them. Strange because they come right up to your porch even in the day light. 

They will actually walk up to the street, stand there and wait for your car to pass before crossing. I've seen it dozens of times. Polite little critters. 

• Like 3