MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The worst possible news

Any of you older members may remember "Armorer" a dearly loved moderator of the Survival Forum.  A bit of a curmudgeon deeply appreciated by many.

Passed away June 2023.

To his wife Doris my deepest condolences.  She was instrumental in  so many of us getting to actually meet, from all over everywhere, in their home in Arkansas.

Sleep in peace, Warrior.

• Sad 5

I’ve been here since 2005 and I don’t remember him. Nor can I find him listed in our membership.   I’m sorry about that as he sounds like someone I might have liked to know.  I was hoping to read some of his posts.  Please give his family my condolences if you are able.  

As a Y2K "Leftover" I do remember him and am sorry to hear of his passing. :sad-smiley-012:

His membership may have gotten lost in one of the moves between ISPs as they weren't always "smooth" - which is why my "join date" is listed as 2002 instead of 1999 (or was it '98? can't quite remember).

There was also a big lull in activity once we got through the move into the new century without too many problems; until the newest biggest prepper problem rose its ugly head and most "public" forums (ie- social media) started to get aggressivley monitored and censored.

A BIG Thank You is owed to those who kept posting here and to Darlene for maintaining the site even during the slump. 

• Like 2

Midnightmom, it was a true challenge…. MountainMommy did her best, then, I had to take over.  Something got messed up before I took over.  I tried to fix it, but our provider, at the time, wasn’t cooperative at all…  always wanting $1,000’s to make it right.  I bulked, so did Darlene.  Sigh… We lost a lot…. :sigh:   I tried to re-capture our data base, but, the provider had already erased too much!  Why?!?  I never got an answer…. Never!  I ragged them, got, “We are sorry, but we can’t fix what has been destroyed by an employee who no longer works for us.”  “…I’m sorry…” doesn’t undo the crap they did to our forum. That’s the reason we are where we are now.  A secure data base, and they constantly make sure we are online and secure.  The only ‘mishaps’ we’ve had, has been our own fault….  Getting into the programming and altering something.  

Yes, I would love to bring back all the old stuff from the 1990’s, proper user names, exact content, but, my memory cannot remember everything from before Darlene took over MrsS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1