MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pizza Question

I've always made my own pizza dough.  I cook one and put 3 bags in the freezer for another time.  My question is, do any of you put the whole pizza with the toppings on it in the freezer?  If so, do you partially cook the crust before adding the toppings, or do you keep the dough raw.  Are they good made up ahead and frozen or better to add the topping after thawing the dough like I've always done.

Thanks ladies.

• Like 3

The crust will be less soggy if you freeze it topping less.  I usually either store unrisen dough or else a slightly prebaked shell that is flash frozen.  Add some toppings to freezer bags, put them all in a bigger bag, and it can be assembled and cooked from frozen with less than 5m prep work.  If you have slightly prebaked them, there is no reason to thaw it and it can be cooked from frozen after assembly.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Look at the store-bought pizzas. those look like the crust is partly cooked and they have the toppings already on them.  Don't know if that would help or not but when I make my own pizza's I freeze the dough and toppings separate.  I have a pizza oven for outdoor use that we use a lot in the summer months. I can bake bread and other things in it. It uses 3 different types of fuel. Small sticks, charcoal, and I forget the other one. But it works great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1