MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tornadoes in OK and NE

Prayers for our family and friends in Oklahoma and Nebraska and surrounding areas for the tornadoes that hit yesterday. I couldn't believe some of the pictures I saw. Heart breaking.  

:pray:   :hug3:   :pray:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On Ryan Hall Y'all, they are reporting storms over the county where a lot of my relatives live. Shelby. It is heading to my hometown county where most of my relatives live...Rush.   :pray: 

• Sad 3

Jeepers, keeping your family and anyone else in the path of those storms in prayer. That is a lot of tornados to have to deal with.  Hope everyone in the path of them has some type of shelter to stay safe in.

• Thanks 1

Tornadoes here, tornadoes there, tornadoes popping up EVERYWHERE!! :twister3:

All good here. More in Michigan than northern Indiana. Started at about 4:00 when I was leaving market. A lot of vendors left early. It was a crappy market day since it rained most of the afternoon anyhow. Got home and DH had the meteorologists on. Said the tornado warnings started right after 4:00. First in extreme southwest Michigan (tennis ball size hail in Michigan City). Another went just a couple miles north of mom’s and headed straight for DX’s (DSIL is going to check when things settle down as DX and DD are still on vacation— haven’t heard anything yet). One started just east of DS2’s/DDIL and went north of DD/DSIL’s. Another started here in Indiana, near Angola and went south of DD/DSIL’s. One in Kalamazoo a few miles from DSIS6’s— took out a fed-ex center. One about 10 miles south of us (not confirmed—radar indicated). And one south of Fort Wayne that went into Ohio. 
Not sure if I’m forgetting any. They were just popping up everywhere. We were switching back and forth between South Bend and Fort Wayne channels— as long as there’s a warning in the viewing area, then they stay on the air. 4:00-6:30. Waiting to see the local news for updates. South Bend at 10:00, Fort Wayne at 11:00. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

@Necie I was watching your area too. Glad you are fine! I saw where south of Ft. Wayne had bad storms again. I always think of the Amish down there. 

@Becca_Anne I was thinking of you. Not that there were storms in your area but because of how you have your basement set up. 

My family is fine as far as I know. It's too late to call them. So far there was atleast one tornado that touched down there. Mostly in fields i think. Some damage in the little berg where D-ex is from. There were some pretty scary pictures but of course I can't link. It was from Fox59. "Tornado Observed in Rush County During Storms." Supposed to be volatile again tomorrow. Ryan Hall Y'all youtube channel is always on top of it. He stays live when there is tornado activity. I highly recommend him when there are storms across America.  Stay safe everyone. 

• Like 3

I like Ryan Hall's weather channel. He does a better job than our local weather channels. I hope all those tornadoes are over and there wasn't much damage. I haven't seen the news or anything yet. But hope everyone is doing ok from them. 

• Like 1

:pray:  for all in harm's way....

....our straight-line WINDS blew trees down this week.  Beautiful one crashed on the roof of an old landmark building.  I've been in that store and know the original owners.  But it didn't damage it too much.  Lost a nice tree tho.  Wonder how they did at the horse ranch?

MtRider  ...I'll be there Saturday to ride.

• Like 1

Damage was heavy Tues. night. A FedEx building was severely damaged in Michigan with 50 people trapped inside. 

I had Ryan Hall on tonight watching the bad weather in the south but I fell asleep. Don't know what all happened.  :(

Hope the horsey stables didn't sustain any damage.  :pray:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1