gravy

dinner rolls

iced tea

homemade pecan pie

pumpkin gooey butter cake

chocolate marzipan

not yo' mamas banana pudding

Cranberry sauce

Unikemom... where did you say you lived and what time is dinner? That sounds wonderful. Mine is not so elaborate. I let my nieces and nephew choose the menu (with a little guidance).

Turkey

Grandpa's sage dressing

Sausage chestnut dressing (yes two dressings)

Ham (requested by middle niece whom I love dearly)

Cheezy potato casserole

Baked broccoli casserole

Rolls

Taco dip with chips(nephew's request and I love him too)

Pumpkin pie

Apple Johnny (mother-in-law's secret recipe, hubby's request and of course he's most important)

It might not be the most balanced meal, but I love to spoil them any way I can. They're home life isn't that great so this makes it more special for them.

If I were fixing it at home this year like I wanted to we would be having

Turkey

Sage Dressing

Mashed Potatoes and Giblet Gravy

Sweet Potato Praline

Noodles

Cranberry Salad

Greenbean Casserole

Rolls

Pecan Pie

Pumpkin Pie

and probably a fruit salad..

Still might do it next weekend...Everyone's menus sound very delicious!

The DH, DS, DD & I are on our own this year due to DS having 1 day off (Thanksgiving) from work. We had to choose DS who lives 2 hours away and looks forward to visiting *home* on the holidays or my family gathering in another state. It was a heart wrenching decision to not be with extended loved ones but we chose what is best for our own family.

Our menu is pretty basic...My immediate family is rather picky so we won't be having all the extras (stuffing, sweet potatoes etc.) that I have grown up enjoying. Also I am doing so well eating *low-carb* that I don't want to totally wreck my way of eating, I have had to make minor adjustments.

*Turkey

Mashed potatoes & gravy

Corn

*Cauliflower

Crescent rolls

*Sugar-free cranberry jello

*deviled eggs

*pickle & olive tray

Pumpkin & apple pie

*Sugar free pumpkin bake

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Well, lesseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

I'm exhausted just thinking about it, and I haven't even started cooking yet. Today I got my turkey...all 27lbs of him...so my menu will consist of the following:

Turkey

Cornbread Stuffing

Potato Salad

Mashed Potatoes

Sweet Potatoes

Pole Beans w/ Saltpork

Corn in butter sauce

Gravy

Homemade bread

Relish Tray

2 Cranberry dishes

Pumpkin Pie

Chocolate Pecan Pie

White Chocolate Pecan Pie with Cranberries

Pumpkin Flan

Apple and Cranberry Streusel with homemade Caramel Sauce

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I *think* that's it...I'm tired right now so it's hard to remember everything, but it certainly is more than enough. The joy for me is in making it all...and everyone gets to go home with lots of leftovers...by that time, I don't even wanna see any of it anymore...lol

We're having..........

turkey

homemade cornbread dressing

gravy

mashed potatoes

green bean casserole

broccoli casserole

corn (I put in the freezer back in the summer)

crescent rolls

dinner rolls

pumpkin pie

We will also be celebrating our DS birthday. He turns 13 on Thanksgiving day. He's having an Old Fashioned Root Beer Float Cake with vanilla ice cream. Sounds yummy!

mommafitz

This is a blending of mine and roommates traditions. I tend to go overboard but then I get Friday off from cooking, LOL.

Turkey

Ham

Mashed Potatoes

Sweet Potatoes

Sage Stuffing

Honey Glazed Carrots

Cheese and Cauliflower

Rolls

Choclate Cream Pie

Pumpkin Pie

Pecan Pie

Cream Cheese Pie

If oldest DD was here, we'd have fruit salad, too. I'm going to make it for her welcome home dinner in January instead.

I haven't started cooking, either...but my end of things is rather easy...I do the turkey, ham, potatoes and cold pies this year. I am making an apple pie today but I think we'll have that today.

Oh, and as far as leftovers go, I start working on the bird and the ham Friday morning, so I control what they get Friday, LOL...the rest goes in to the freezer for later meals.

Turkey and dressing

Ham (hoping SIL makes it so I don't have to)

Mashed potato's and gravy

Green Beans

Corn

Fried Apples

Cranberry Sauce

Baked Beans

Deviled Eggs

Veggie Tray with Dip

Relish Tray

Rolls (DSis will bring this)

Whatever extra dishes SIL decides to bring

Dessets will be many and varied LOL!

I will be doing most of the cooking and baking for 30 something people here in my little house! We will be having our T.Day on Sat. instead of Thurs. since DH has to work.

I am going to make my rounds at each of your homes!!! And if you don't want me to be a T-Day Crasher then....Where are these recipes??? hum?????

This may be the last year I get out of cooking T-Day dinner. We go to my MIL's each year. But here is what I bring...

Pumpkin Cake

Makes 1 - 10 inch bundt cake

Ingredients

1 cup vegetable oil

3 eggs

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 1/2 cups white sugar

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 teaspoon ground allspice

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground cloves

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup chopped nuts

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch bundt or tube pan.

2 Cream oil, beaten eggs, pumpkin and vanilla together.

3 Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, ground nutmeg, ground allspice, ground cinnamon, ground cloves and salt together. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined. If desired, stir in some chopped nuts. Pour batter into the prepared pan.

4 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a plate (use a spatula or butter knife and go around the cake to

help release it from the pan) and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.

I have a couple of recipes that I have already posted in the Thanksgiving favorites column, but there are a couple more that I will post later, when I have a little time....

Boy, I think we should all make sample plates and send to each other to taste, we will have a cyber Thanksgiving,,,everything sounds so gooooooddddd.

I just finished making this recipe... Madcat posted it in Sept. 2002 and I love it! (Low Carb friendly)

"Mock Potato Salad" (cauliflower salad)

I just mix the cooked cauliflower with:

mayonaise

mustard

sliced black olives

chopped celery

green onion

dill pickle relish

chopped red bell pepper

crumbled crispy bacon

salt

pepper

I don't measure anything - just add all to your tastes. All the ingredients are low or no carb.

Recipes, hmmm...since this is a blending, some of these are firsts for me. I've never made my own stuffing, cause if it doesn't turn out, you've messed up DH's favorite part of the meal. It never occured to me (until just now) to experiment, LOL.

Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe

Go to www.Schwans.com and order theirs.

Pumpkin Pie

Family secret, finally trusted to me this year after 5 years of eating it LOL.

Pecan Pie recipe from Good Housekeeping cookbook

Cream Cheese Pie

Graham Cracker Pie Crust

Large Package Cream Cheese, softened

1 c. Sugar

1 Small package whipped topping

Mix cream cheese and sugar, then mix in whipped topping, put in graham cracker crust, refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Also good in an Oreo crust, or with choc syrup drizzled into crust before the cream cheese mixture is put in.

All other recipes posted Friday!

Quote:
This is a blending of mine and roommates traditions. I tend to go overboard but then I get Friday off from cooking, LOL.

Turkey

Ham

Mashed Potatoes

Sweet Potatoes

Sage Stuffing

Honey Glazed Carrots

Cheese and Cauliflower

Rolls

Choclate Cream Pie

Pumpkin Pie

Pecan Pie

Cream Cheese Pie

If oldest DD was here, we'd have fruit salad, too. I'm going to make it for her welcome home dinner in January instead.

I haven't started cooking, either...but my end of things is rather easy...I do the turkey, ham, potatoes and cold pies this year. I am making an apple pie today but I think we'll have that today.

Oh, and as far as leftovers go, I start working on the bird and the ham Friday morning, so I control what they get Friday, LOL...the rest goes in to the freezer for later meals.

I am all for wanting to hear that Chocolate Pecan pie recipe too!!!!

Georgene as soon as I get the chance I will let you know about Carla's visit.. It was mostly concerning the eventual run out of petroleum (sp) and how that affects us as homesteaders and the whole world for that part. And the need to prepare for such a tragedy..

Man I wish I was with some of you!!!

Here is what we are having:

Enchiladas

Mexican rice

Refried Beans

Hawaiian Bread

Lemon Merange Pie

Chocolate Pie

Pecan Pie ( my trees did good this year )

What I wouldnt give for some turkey and dressing. Oh well cant break tradition. Talk to yall later.

Smooches

How about turkey enchiladas? You can have turkey and the traditional family meal.

We ended up having

fried turkey

stove top dressing (DIL is not the best cook)

broccoli(steamed)

green beans (no seasoning or casserole..just steamed)

cranberry salad (I made)

watergate salad (a friend of mine made too much and gave me some)

sweet potato casserole (the one thing DIL can really do well)

pumpkin cheesecake ( I made this)

It was nice not having to do too much cleaning up and the grandbabies were precious. DH sure missed mashed potatoes and gravy.