MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Midnightmom (me) is home for a visit!

Midnightmom

Hello to everyone! I have jumped in and posted in some forums without posting here first and have thus "surprised" many of you with my "drop-in" visit. eek

I popped in because I wanted to see how my "extended family" was handling the results of the 2008 Presidential election. I see that you are mostly cool, calm, and collected--not affected one way or the other as far as a "preppie" lifestyle that is.

The last time I was active here I still had some chicks in the nest. I am an empty-nester now ('xept for my dog). The oldest is employed as a computer geek; middle son is in the Air Force; youngest is living in Oregon (for now???).

I am still living la-vida-prep, but as a diabetic and low-carber it is somewhat more difficult to put-up stuff that I can eat and that won't spoil. I also have to be very careful about the ingredients in what I buy. No HFCS, hydrogenated oils, soy, ................feedme

So..............I still look for bargains and buy ahead when I can; keep matches on hand (hard to remember since I don't smoke)to light my candles; try to keep batteries for my flashlights, etc. Oh, yeah...........I DO have to start stockpiling TP again!!!

The last time around I foolishly overspent on preps that I had never used before, never used after I bought, and thought that I could use as "cash" in the "new economy" ie- bartering. This time around I'm not buying any sugar, coffee, grain, etc. If I don't already eat it, it ain't going into my pantry!!!

See ya around the forums. :usaflag2:

ME: laundryshoppingcart

NOT ME: clotheslinecanning

I see that you are mostly cool, calm, and collected--not affected one way or the other

Yea--we're calm bangwallknockheadsDarleneSwoonchocobunsassingtrip2brickwalltinfoilsoapboxrantthrowcomputercrocfrypanend can't you tell? rofl

bananaclapdancing

SO glad you gave us an update!!!

Do your chicks still live close enough to visit often?

Your perspective on being "diabetic and low-carber" in the preparation aspects could be valuable to some of our newbies...

Feel free to share!!!

Love ya, Sweetie... don't stay away so long!!!

bighug

WINTERGOODMORING1.gif

It is so good to see you post again. I hope you will be able to continue to post lots around here. smile

I too have to start buying more T.P. smile That was one thing we didn't run out of for a long time after 1999. I think it was about 2003 before I had to buy any at all. smile

Looking forward to seeing you post all over the place. bighug

HUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gifHAVEAGOODDAY1.gif

Hi there! I just joined this past year so I've never met you before! Thanks for joining us again. Looking forward to getting you know you.

And us calm after the election? You missed the outhouse. rofl I'll just go with what deer said! Haha

• 2 weeks later...

Archived