MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Windy Wednesday

logcabinmama

30 degrees here in a very dreary Illinois! Not supposed to get much warmer than that today.. Snowy I can't imagine how you are feeling about your DS.. So I will just send you x's and o's and a shoulder to cry on.. God Bless ya..

Spidey what's up today???

Good Morning everyone!!!!!!!! Today it's a lot of the sos..Cooking and cleaning.. Now since it's cold I started the furnace last night so in between cooking and cleaning I have to fill the furnace! WHOOHOO... There goes my nap times!

Ya'll take care and have a HAPPY Day!

Mornin' everyone. It's cold here too, 17 degrees and the winds are strong. I think it's a day to stay inside and clean closets!

Gee Snow, I didn't know you had a son going to Iraq. We'll be here to listen when you need to talk and you'll all be in my prayers.

A cold front blew in last night. This morning the local weather man says, "Brutal cold comes to the valley". That means it is going to be below freezing tonight for the first time. Talk about hype.

DH is gone till this afternoon. He's helping a friend remodel an old home to rent out. He's gonna pay him a bit for helping out. That will be a nice extra little cash for Christmas.

I spent all morning baking. I made his favorite pineapple upside down cake. Also made 6 pounds of buffalo wings and a pot roast. Now I can just nuke food for the rest of the week.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Going to try to post this before internet goes out again along with the power...phone is down for days so glad i have other internet source...we had two tornadoes go through here yesterday...live in Henry County, Tn...Paris area...there was a F4 that hit east of us and an F3 that went through 1/4 mile from my house...we had just gotten out of the truck from coming back from paris trying to beat the storm home when it hit...heard the growl and roar...then quiet for about 10 seconds...then seen it come around the corner of the house...omg it was aweful...we are home on lunch break...out cleaning debris from roads...helping neighbors and friends clean up...some of them have a lot of damage...cant even get down the road to FIL house...police and Fox news (lol) have it blocked off...cant call..no phone..dont know if they are okay...no one can call out of the area..local calls only...trees down all over..houses gone...in rubble...its a mess here like a bomb went off all around us...we are okay...just shook up...well back to work...Q

i actualy got a lot done yesterday. i got everything i wanted to to done. the things i did not want to do did not get done...like the dishes. lol *want* is the key word today. lol

yesterday was 1.49 day at coopers, and everything was 1.49 less than ticketed price, EVEN THE THINGS THAT WERE ALREADY ON SALE! so, i stocked up, not a lot, but somethings. i have a hidey hole that i stash things in. if pat knows we have food he wont let me buy new food. i guess i cant say wont let...he will let me them complain about it. lol the other store has a caselot sale, and cases of KD are on for 6 bux, and so i want to buy a few of those. i have a list of things i forgot to buy. lol

DEATH TO FLEAS!!! LOL

my landlady stopped by a few moments ago to tell me that the exterminators will be here on tuesday. she still has not given us the tenent forms. i will just have to print one off or something i have not been able to hook up hydro because i do not have a mailing adress. you can only have one hydro account per address, so we cannot use my inlaws address. hydro was included in our last place's rent, so we did not have that bill last time. DEATH TO FLEAS!!! lol

Good afternoon .

Momo: I can smell that pineapple upside down cake from here! Good deal your husband can get some extra Christmas cash. Always helps, doesn't it?

Quilty: Glad all is safe and sound. That was too close! Do take care with the helping.

Pixie: Good deal on the sales. What is KD? What is hyrdo? I'm thinking water or electric but surely you're not going without either of those?

KD is kraft dinner

hydro is our power company, BC Hydro. they do not disconnect the power when someone moves out if a place because the landlords need it to fix/clean etc, so as far as bc hydro knows, no one lives here and we are not getting billed. they will backdate our bill though. if we are lucky the previous tennents did not disconnect and will have to pay:P lol that rarely happens though. lol

Snowmom, will be keeping you and your son in my prayers.Please let him know that we do appreciate all he is doing for us....

Quiltsy,, I am so glad your alright,,, we didn't get anything as severe,, of course I really ain't sure how bad it got because I slept through it...But I have heard the reports all day about How bad Henry county was hit.. Just thanking the Good Lord your ok....

Went to Lowes with my nephew today,and bought 4 sheets of plywood, so that we can finish putting down the bathroom floor in my mom's house... I have decided after a long battle with this, to go ahead and move into my mom's house and take over the payments,,, she left the house to my nephew, but he is only 20 and can't afford the upkeep, we like only one year left on the payments, and am afraid he will end up losing the house if we don't step in.. So plan on getting the floor in and the electric on with in the next week, so we can be moved in by christmas,,,,

So a busy next couple of weeks for me.

Dh is still about the same, the mind is getting worse. he still refuses to believe that he has what he does...and is fighting us tooth and nail over the drinking.. so it's his decision,there is nothing else I can do....He has not been on his meds in over 3 weeks,, the doctors said that if he isn't going to stop the drinking there is no need to bother bringing him back to the clinic or bother getting his meds... drinking while taking these meds, makes the meds really weak,like your not taking anything at all. So now we just wait....

Like Quiltsy said we had severe weather in our area last night, even though ours didn't get as bad over on the East side, as Quiltsy area got,, I slept right through it.

Got up this morning it was in the mid 50*S but temps have steadily dropped all day, now down in the mid 20*s.. WHAT NEXT A SNOW STORM OR WHAT??????

Quilty, so glad you are safe. I wasn't sure where Henry county was, but I knew you and Unike are in Tennessee.

My trip went well, but the wind did not cooperate. I had to drive straight into it all the way home, pulling and pushing the vehicle all over the road.... but I'm home now. Mom still wasn't cleared for work. She'll be off for another two months at least, the doctors are talking maybe come spring...

Quilty~ I'm so glad you are okay. I've been thinking about you and wondered how you fared in the awful weather. It got bad here in Benton county too, but not as hard hit as Henry county. We had a close call too, but our place was spared other than some downed trees. I hope the clean up goes quick and you have power and phone back by now.

Archived