MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Newbie

mrsrustyrooster

Hello, and my husband and I have one now and have been canning. He loves to can, so I "let" him. LOL I have two chihuahuas, a cat, and evidently have adopted the neighbors two BIG dogs. Between feeding all these animals and the birds, working full time, there is not much time in the morning. I can only be here at night. After reading your posts, I feel as if I have found a home. We are presently readying some acreage for a home, needs the well, septic, etc., trees cut, lots of work ahead, and $$$$$ but will be worth it. Septic field has to be so far from the pond, we need fill dirt, has to be a special kind, septic costs more because it has to be above ground,because of coast and water table, on and on. Yes, it will be worth it, but I may be in a nursing home before we move! LOL Sorry this is so long. Guess I've been saving it up awhile! Kim

Welcome! It sounds like you have a great adventure with the house building project ahead of you! I know you'll enjoy it here! This is a great place to sit back, chat a while and relax. And you get to learn a bunch at the same time! You can't beat that! So, pull up a chair in the evenings, sit back and have a cool drink of icetea!

0001.gifKim! Glad to have you here. I love your "mrsrustyrooster" name & icon; very cute! And your tagline from "Fried Green Tomatoes", lol. I'm south of you in Georgia. My daughter, who is the same age as your niece, wants the t-shirt that says "GRITS--Girl Raised in the South". 0002.gif

Thanks, All of you, I feel welcome.

Jennysmama, you caught the line from Fried Green Tomatoes. It is one of my favorite movies. There are so many good quotes in it. But my favorite scene is when she bashes the younger girls cars, just hilarious.

I reccommend that movie to everyone.

I lived in Atlanta for many years. Georgia is great.

Howdy from Texas! Good to have you here. We did the land purchase thing 11 years ago, and are still working to get it the way we want, it is an ongoing adventure. A word of advice, be sure your tetanus shot is up to date. Digging, cutting down trees, cleaning out old fence can all result in minor injuries. One of the first things I did was cut my hand on a rusty can while cleaning out the pond, then DH cut his arm on some rusty barbed wire.

Archived