MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Easy Canned Whole Grape Juice

RobertZ....you posted just what I was trying to get around to posting. I also tried this SO E-Z recipe. And since the directions did say you didn't have to 'cure' it in the wine cellar LOL....I tried one of mine right away too.

Um....not so good.

Then I set it in the fridge for a week or two....and it had definitely improved. So I'm planning to open another qt in a month or two. I have great hope that it will be grape juice by then. According to Cat's experience, I'm on the right track. Hope you have luck too.

I SO want this method to work cuz it's so easy. bounce

MtRider shrug

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anybody try this with Blueberries? 'Cause I picked WAY TOO many this summer and have them all frozen. I would love to get some out for my guys to 'drink'! LOL

Am definitely going to try out the grape juice too!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I did it several ways. I put two cups of grapes and three sugar cubes into liter bottles and water-bathed them for an hour. I also did some like that with spices in the bottles...bits of cinnamon bark, cloves, peppercorns, and alspice berries. I haven't tried these yet, but the one I dropped onto the floor smelled delicious.

I used the steam juicer for a few batches, too. The batch with stems tasted 'woody'. The batch cooked longer tasted almost tannic.

This week, I'll try thy the boil, mash, and strain method.

I am getting tired of grapes.

• 10 months later...

Go to a site HOW TO CAN GRAPEFRUIT, ORANGES, LEMONS - it is great! I printed the whole thing "just in case". I'm going to be canning Pears this weekend so will try a jar of the Grapes at the same time. My neighbor in Eugene, Oregon used to do them the way you describe! Thanks for the question and memories! Pansy

Archived