MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

pork roast

i have NEVER made a pork roast before in my life. i generally dont eat pork, it tastes wierd to me. could be cuz i cant cook it? lol

well, since i dont know how to cook it, i am expirimenting. i know poeple enjoy things like pineapple, aor apple sauce with porkchops or ham, so i am cooking the pork roast in an apple sauce/apple cider vinegar mix with chives and brown sugar sprikled on top. i will serve it with fried apple and onions(from the little house on the prarie cook book, minus the bacon cuz it being served on pork.) i am going to make cheesy mashed potatos abd mixed veggies.

i didnt add any garlic, but that sounds good too!

it torned out beautifully. pat said that it was good, but it was kind of tough. when he said that i noticed that he was using an old dull oaring knife, not a steak knife. i told him it only seemed tough becuae he was using the wrong knife. he didnt believe my untill i made him cut a piece with a proper knife. it cut fine and he admitted that it was a perfect roast.

I cook pork roast all the time and I put it on a large sheet of foil and add rosemary sprigs-garlic-salt and pepper and wrap up tight and place in a pan to fit size of roast and roast at 350 for about 3hrs. It is so tender and you don't even need a knife to pull it apart and wonderful smell and flavor All my family loves it and our church group ask's for it when we have our meals together.

I kind of do the same as nana9. I put mine in a cake pan-make some slits and stuff with garlic cloves-surround with potatoes, carrots, onion and celery-salt and pepper and cover the whole thing with tinfoil real tight. Roast for 3-4 hours and it just falls apart.

debone pork shoulder... it won't be pretty *shrug* but who cares! place garlic and bay leaves on the cut side. Roll this roast and wrap in 100% cotton string (think crochet thread). bake at 350°

pork does have a different flavor if not used to eating it. It is more fatty then other meats other then lamb.

i use rosemary in soups mostly. i want to grow some this year.

I usually bake our porkroast too and during the last hour of cooking I dump a jar of sauerkraut in the juices.. I just serve it with plain mashed potatoes and I put my sauerkraut on my potatoes when I eat it!

With porkloin I too cook it in the crockpot and add bbq sauce after it falls apart.. If I fix a big one I like to set aside some of the pork for another night and fix it with noodles (ie: pork and noodles)...

i was just browsing the local frliers...coopers has pork steaks on sale for 1.99 a pound. of course, i have to research the price f pork, often what goes as a sale here is just the regular price elsewhere. food cost more out here. (darn boonies! lol)

Archived