MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Body Aches

cookiejar

I am freely admitting I AM A SISSY-GIRL crazy

I am now trying to keep up with the twenty-somethings at my work.

Without revealing all about my work.

Half of it is hauling large bags of equipment, lifting, walking, standing, kneeling, alot of movement but NOT adrenaline pumping or anything. Nor is there (usually! LOL) bruising.

I end up with aches all over, shoulders and arms, feet cramps, aching knees. All around reduced to rubble cookie. While the 20 somethings ramble off to party all night grin. (Was I ever that young?).I do enjoy this job though.

I can't really do aspirin/tylenol. But, I'm open to suggestions.

Does soaking in epsom salts really work? Is arnica only for bruising? Anything homeopathic/herbal? Anything for joints maybe?

I picked up light weights and I'm making myself stretch so that should help...but anything to get me through till my body builds up? I truly am a sissy-girl.whimper whimper.

I am open to suggestions...

cookie del sissy

(((cookiejar)))

I've soaked in a bath of epsom salts, for tired achy muscles.

I don't think it really helped all that well, although they are "supposed" to. Maybe I was just too achy.

I think the stretching is a great idea though.

And maybe you could visit a massage therapist once in a while? I think that would help.

I once told DH my next husband will be a massage therapist...

Anyway...

Yes, Arnica will help general soreness. Also naproxen if you can take it, it's a good anti inflammatory. A bath with a few drops of lavender and/or clary sage EO in it should also help.

White willow bark tea is also good for pain, but it has the salicylates (sp?) that are in aspirin, so if that's the reason you avoid aspirin, you should avoid that as well.

Mo7

Cookie, how much water do you drink each day? I find that if I do not drink enough water I get cramps. Also try a potassium supplement. DH has found that potassium also helps with the restless leg syndrome. A good balance between sodium and potassium is essential.

you mean this is what is gonna happen to me when I am old?

make extra trips, don't carry so much at once.. get a fold up dolly..

take better care of yourself.

LOL!!!

Well, still doing the soaks and the stretching.I've also been using the nalproxin and it's great for the aches and stress headaches (Stress headaches at work? How ever did that happen?)

For potassium I'm doing a banana with breakfast before driving the long distances!

I've never heard of lavender water for aches?

I'm upping the water intake too!

Thank you for the wonderful ideas...

Archived