MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Confidentiality Here

Freebird

I just discovered that our postings here are searched and tracked by Google which means that non-members can find our posts. That's not necessarily bad, but it's unusual for the contents of forums to be searchable by Google. This can be prevented by using the "robots" meta-tag in the forum's html.

Actually, it's not unusual at all. Most busy forums got that way because of search spiders. Our private forums are not searchable, but the public forums are. They are public... Private messages are private. Private forums are private. A good rule of thumb in any public forum is to not post something you don't want the world to see. Because anyone can - search spiders included. smile

:spider:

I think it is great that others can come here after doing a search. smile I'm thinking that others have said they did a search and that is how they got here. smilebighug

I think that's how most people find MrsS. I found her back in 1999 when I was doing a search for Y2K. So, the site was being crawled by search spiders even then. smile :spider:

Out of curiosity I did a search using Mt_Rider's latin (?)phrase from the bottom of her posts. The first two links at the top of the list were HER posts here at Mrs. S. Now I STILL don't know what it says, but it goes to show that even a foreign language will get you to Mrs. S Does that imply that all roads lead here???? grin

bighug

Originally Posted By: SueC
That is how I found Mrs S ... I was searching for something unrelated and found this amazing site. Then I didn't leave!

Sue

That is how I found Mrs. S. I while I was searching for prepping.
Originally Posted By: Mother
Out of curiosity I did a search using Mt_Rider's latin (?)phrase from the bottom of her posts. The first two links at the top of the list were HER posts here at Mrs. S. Now I STILL don't know what it says, but it goes to show that even a foreign language will get you to Mrs. S Does that imply that all roads lead here???? grin
bighug

eek There have been spiders crawling on MY personal posts....eeeeeeeeeek! I'm actually not too sure I like that. Anyway, a good reminder that some caution is always in order as Freebird & MM are reminding us. Just to be aware of it. But the other side of the coin is being able to inform more folks and let some find their way here.

By the way Mother, IF dear cookiejar is not steering me wrong whistling lol , my latin is supposed to read "Packrat with a Purpose"

'Course, for all the latin I know, I could be saying "I have a spider on my nose!" :spider:

MtRider

Archived