MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

rumors... keep an eye or ear out...

Cat

WEll, for one thing, just because your friend met a person from the HD handing out flyers, doesn't mean the HD rep knows ANYTHING about influenza or antivirals, only that they know how to hand out flyers. Most non-prepper folks I have met who have ever heard of H5N1 automatically think Tamiflu will save them.

I don't think the "general" population is as aware of the reduction in Tamiflu reliability as those people who really stay on top the the BF information. Most of the sheeple heard at some point that Tamiflu will "cure" BF and off they went on their merry ways knowing .gov will hand it over when they need it.

“Pentagon reports on Flu Pandemic”, Fox News 7:25am Thursday, May 9, 2007

The Pentagon says that 3 million will die and 35-40% will be ill. Since the Police will also fall ill and the National Guard will have had shots, the National Guard will be called on to enforce a quarantine.

While we have found that Tamiflu and other flu drugs are becoming flu resistant, there is only enough Tamiflu to cover 25% of the population. Part of the problem is we have a

50 year old procedure to develop a vaccine, and we need a procedure that takes 30 days.

View this flu like a blackout of the country.. Will we be able to control the population? No.

Originally Posted By: westbrook
Pentagon reports on Flu Pandemic, Fox News 7:25am Thursday, May 9, 2007

The Pentagon says that 3 million will die and 35-40% will be ill. Since the Police will also fall ill and the National Guard will have had shots, the National Guard will be called on to enforce a quarantine.

While we have found that Tamiflu and other flu drugs are becoming flu resistant, there is only enough Tamiflu to cover 25% of the population. Part of the problem is we have a
50 year old procedure to develop a vaccine, and we need a procedure that takes 30 days.

View this flu like a blackout of the country.. Will we be able to control the population? No.

(Jeanettecentaur pops her head in from Minnesota...) Is this for dramatic effect or is there a link for this??? I'm going to do a search right now...I'd really like to share it. Thanks Westie!

Complete story:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Report: National Guard May Be Needed to Enforce Quarantine in Flu Pandemic

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

WASHINGTON —

Military and civilian health facilities will be overwhelmed if a nationwide flu pandemic hits the United States, and the National Guard may have to be called out to provide medical help and even enforce a quarantine, the Defense Department warned in a report released Wednesday.

As the Pentagon fights criticism from congressional Democrats that the war in Iraq is depleting the National Guard's ability to help out in domestic crises, the 86-page report says a possible pandemic could require National Guard assistance in supplying medical aid or isolating groups of people to minimize further spread of the disease.

About 3 million people could die as a result of a possible pandemic, with up to 35 percent of the population falling ill, reads the report dated August 2006 and titled "The Department of Defense Implementation Plan for Pandemic Influenza."

According to the report, in the event of a pandemic or a bioterror attack, the Defense Department may be called by the president to assist civilian authorities in minimizing the spread of disease by placing restrictions on interstate transportation. Jurisdictions, the report adds, would be overwhelmed and unable to provide essential commodities and services. In addition, the nation will not be able to rely on airlines.

The report comes on the heels of complaints that the Guardsmen have been spread too thin to respond to a tornado that wiped out 95 percent of Greensburg, Kan. on Sunday. Democratic Gov. Kathleen Sebelius and some of her allies in Washington, D.C., have complained that the Guard's emergency response to help displaced residents following the F-5 tornado that killed at least 11 was slowed because equipment is deployed in Iraq.

Speaking after a visit by President Bush to Greensburg on Wednesday, Sebelius said the absence of equipment is an ongoing issue for every governor in the country, and she conveyed her concerns to the president.

"I have been making these points for six months and I'm going to continue making these points," she said after Bush's departure.

"While this administration asks for a blank check to re-supply the Iraqi National Guard they don't have one cent in their budget to resupply the American National Guard," added Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., in a speech on the Senate floor. "Now — whether someone believes in war or not — you would think someone would think as much about our Guard as the Iraqi National Guard."

The Pentagon has repeatedly denied claims that the Guard is not equipped to help out. Defense Secretary Robert Gates, testifying on Capitol Hill Wednesday, also noted that his defense budget request for fiscal years 2008 through 2013 includes funding to add supplies to Guard units.

"What I'm told is that that will take the national average of equipment on hand from about 56 percent today to about 76 percent. And the norm, historically, for states, has been about 70 percent," Gates said.

Touring the devastated areas in Kansas on Wednesday, Bush refused to answer a question about the National Guard's emergency response.

"Our role as government officials is to work with the states and local folks to get whatever help is appropriate here, whatever help is in the law be here as quickly as possible," Bush said.

The president did visit a destroyed John Deere dealership where officials were told that the farm and lawn equipment company had pledged to reopen the Greensburg assembly line in order to get equipment built in time for the spring harvest a month and a half away. The company is also sending extra loaders and dumpsters from other areas to help clear out the mess.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,271057,00.html

I quoted from the news report.. some doctor and the talking head were interfacing (LOL). The womanreporter read off the teleprompter 35% and the doctor said 40% so I put 35-40%

what I typed was directly from the news report, nothing was added.

What I found interesting is that the Pentagon 'has spoken' .. up.

what I didn't add was (paraphrased) 'monies should be diverted to develop a method to create a vaccine in 30 days'... will that happen? probably not and therefore wishful thinking on their part, which I didn't add to my original post.

What this says to me is since there isn't going to be enough people to police 'us' "they" will be looking for other organizations to step up.. volunteer police? volunteer fire? red cross? FEMA? C.E.R.T volunteers? even in the numbers are reduced to 25%, 15% of the population, that is enough to disrupt life as we know it.

My brother in law works for a huge company. I can't go into which company he works for but they had a safety meeting last week to discuss the "plan" they have for the bird flu. This was the only topic of the meeting. They have determined that only "critical" personnel will go to work and all others will take their computers, go home and stay there working from home. They were all issued surgical masks, not to keep them from being infected, but to keep them from infecting others. They said that if you sneeze or cough, do so into your shirt or elbow, not your hands! The flu is spread through the droplets that are spewed, so do not stand closer than 3' from anyone. Antibacterial soap will be of no help, as the flu is a virus, not bacterial. If this company spent the money on this and they are worried, we should all be worried!

What kills me is that Governess Katie only sent 40 KNG to Greensburg to start with! And exactly what they need MORE Blackhawk choppers and Humvees for in Greensburg defies logic. Katie is merely spouting Democratic talking points. She is a confirmed hypocrite -- proof? She's a practicing Catholic yet she accepted large campaign donations from the Butcher of Wichita, Teller the abortionist and his wife.

Our DS works for an oil company (A BIG Oil Company) and already a year ago they sent out packets of information about the pandemic to ALL their employees world wide. It told about the same hand washing and etc but it also included a small bottle of hand sanitizer in each packet. Supposedly it does help as a sort of 'physical' removal of the virus.????

They also have a plan in position where the company can still operate all its wells and etc with only a percentage of their workforce. But even though they could get the oil OUT, getting it to where it should go is a whole 'nother story if a large percentage of the rest of the system is out.

When he told us that, we knew that something was up as big corporations don't spend money uselessly. They have reason to believe this WILL happen.

The government's flu plan has been evolving for a couple of years or more and you can read it online, though I don't have a link at my fingertips. I believe I found it originally through pandemicflu.gov. It is huge and like all government documents its hard to read and understand. The one part I understood well were the words about the military (though I know there's more words about it's use out there in other documents) It said that the military would be used "to put down insurrections." In that particular area of the document it said nothing about help the people, nothing about bringing aid and food and water when transportation is down, nothing about health support. Just that, stopping any persons or group of peole who are complaining about the treatment by the government. Look up the word insurrection.

****From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Insurrection)

An insurgency, or insurrection, is an armed uprising, or revolt against an established civil or political authority.*****

There's more on this word of course but this looks to me like the government figures that there's going to be all out revolt and they are making provisions to handle it militarily.

Now what do you suppose the governement is going to be doing to make us revolt? Couldn't be that they would take our food away to share with others or herd us into 'camps' for our own good or ???, now whould it? shrug

( running Mother goes off in disgust to check on her medical supplies and to figure out where to hide more food....)

bighug

Archived