MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

SNOW!

Cowgirl

snowman2

It's snowing! We're going to my son's graduation today, so we have to allow lots of extra time, but it is SO PRETTY! I love that Winter Wonderland look - it brings out the little kid in me. Thoughts of snowballs, snow forts, snowmen. Poor Cowboy! He's likely to get drug into a snow fight at some point!

:woot:

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg

You take your time and have a good day. smile

Yes, snow is so pretty coming down and if you don't have to go out in it that is nice too. smile I love watching it come down. smile18.gifsnowman2

Right now it is -2º, it has come up from -20º earlier. smile The birds are gathering at the feeders and eating.

My sister came over yesterday to visit for a while, one of her sons brought her. We had a nice visit but, wish it could have been longer. We don't see a lot of each other, and it is to bad, as she lives about 25 miles or so from us. They were here for about 2 1/2 hours so it was a nice visit. smile

I did bake 3 more small loaves of Banana Bread yesterday morning and so not sure what else I will bake or if I will bake any more before Christmas.

I did one load of laundry and today I need to do the dishes that I didn't do last night. smile

You all take care now and HAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

HUGS2-1.jpg

snowman2 Snowed here today too. Big fluffy, add up to four inches, type of snow. DH got stuck in the drive but was helped out by the neighbors (DD grin) but it was SOOOOOO Beautiful. A regular Christmas snow type of snow.

I'm throwing a snowball at Cowgirl laughkick and then we're going to build a BIG snowman2lol

Yeah, I like snow too as long as I don't have to be driving in it. At least we didn't have the low temps that Snowmom had frozen. Only 19 degrees here.

bighug

We got about 6 inches. It was challenging to drive in, and there were many, many people I passed who had gone off the roads. People believe they can drive regular speeds in such conditions, but you are doing well to drive half your usual speed. But we made it to my son's graduation. We made it to my folks' afterwards for some celebrating. And we made it home last evening, despite blowing snow.

At one point on the way home, it was entirely unclear where the roadbed actually was. I'm pretty sure we drove off the road, but there was so much drifting snow there was no way to tell - nor would a "road" under that snow make much difference to drive ability! Thank goodness for four wheel drive!

But it was beautiful coming down, and beautiful as it outlined the tree branches in the forest. It turned our world into a Winter Wonderland!

And yes, we got into a snowball fight. laugh

Today has dawned crisp and clear. The sun is out, shining brightly. The snow is glistening and sparkling. It is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Our Son graduated yesterday! So now he's home.. The weather was terrible yesterday.. And well since we still think we are kids we went Christmas shopping in one of the bigger towns. During the middle of a winter storm warning. Ice, snow, wind, drifting.. And of course our road was the worst.. LOL..

824-Cj'sgraduation.jpg

825-Snow2007.jpg

826-snow20072.jpg

Originally Posted By: Buttercup
Our Son graduated yesterday! So now he's home.. The weather was terrible yesterday.. And well since we still think we are kids we went Christmas shopping in one of the bigger towns. During the middle of a winter storm warning. Ice, snow, wind, drifting.. And of course our road was the worst.. LOL..

I don't blame you for Christmas shopping during a winter storm. Personally, I have trouble getting into the mood for Christmas until we get a good snow storm! Somehow, it doesn't feel like Christmas until there is snow. Of course, where I live, some years the first snow comes AFTER Christmas, which makes that a problem! laugh

Hey Buttercup, Glad to hear you made it home safe after shopping in a storm. frozen

I bet it gave you the feeling of an old fashioned Christmas though. ""It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, Everywhere you go.""" whistling

Tell your son I'm glad he's made it through and is home. Wish him all the best for me.

bighug

We're so danged cold (MINUS 19.7 one nite eek ) that the snow we've been getting is not melting. We are used to gettin' rid of the stuff after a few days of our potent sunshine. frown Gravel roads are totally snowpacked and my good friend (near neighbor) and I nearly hit each other on the road. She was just coming out of a spin when I rounded the curve. Oye!

Stay safe, everyone. First gear down all Mt. hills!

MtRider [sure canNOT ride my horse right now!]

We are still getting snow here in Central Maine. Coming down steady and building quite a pile out there now. The guy across the street has been busy all day shoveling and scraping his roof with a long roof rake. Plows have been steady by here since this is the main route on this side of the river. Ski areas and snowmobile salesmen are in absolute heaven. It's been a bad few years for both. My Lovely Slovak Wife is aching to get out on her skis and do some cross country. We have about another 12 hours of snow ahead of us. We are on the break line for freezing rain and sleet, but so far just snow. That other can stay south of us and be fine with me.

Time for a cuppa Earl Grey I guess.

Earl Grey is one of my favorite regular teas...MMMMM...

Roof rake? We could use one of those occassionally. We have fairly well peaked roofs that shed the snow but a couple of the small outbuildings were hard pressed to hold the weight this time. I would almost bet that you have more snow that we do.

Praying your ice stays south and you have a beautiful winter wonderland to go skiing in. smile

((( )))

GOODMORNINGSANTAREADINGLIST.jpg

I do hope you are all doing ok now. I was really wondering about all the ice and then the snow. We didn't get any of this storm. So, we have not had snow for a while now.

Buttercup, those are nice pictures. smileTHANKSFORSHARING1.gif with us.

Now, I am just wondering, how do kids graduate at this time of year. I've heard of others too, and have wondered about it.

We have a roof rake and it comes in handy for sure. Old Pine has one that has plastic and you roll it and some way it goes under the snow and brings the snow down on the plastic. No, I don't use it at all. I'm way to short. smile

How are all of you out east, did you get more storm yesterday??

HAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gifCHRISTMASHUGS1.gif

Snowy if you remember several months back I was crying in my mountain dew about my son leaving home for the first time to go to a military type academy.. This past Saturday he and 380+ cadets graduated from the program!

Originally Posted By: Snowmom

Now, I am just wondering, how do kids graduate at this time of year. I've heard of others too, and have wondered about it.

My son was in a masters degree program. It took him three semesters to complete, which meant that he finished up his thesis and his last courses this semester.

No snow here cry 50 something degrees. That beats the 80 something degrees we were having last week. But I would still love a white Christmas boohoohoo

I have all these wonder soup and stew recipes but it has been too hot to cook them much less to hot to eat them. I feel like I should be out side grilling.

Archived