MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Please pray for my friend Sam

cookiejar

He's a great guy and a coach at a High School I visit. This last weekend he ruptured his Achilles Tendon while playing basketball with the guys (I thought that WASN'T a contact sport? sheesh!).

Apparently it was audible. ewww Just writing it made me cringe. They are doing some more tests but I guess he has to have a surgery for it. Apparently they are also making sure he didn't rip a piece of the bone free with it.

Please put him for some prayers for an easy surgery and a swift COMPLETE recovery? All his students are so upset and worried.

He's a wonderful guy, thanks...

cookie

Adding him to my prayers. As for the contact sport, it may not be but it is a running and jumping sport...he probably came down too hard or the wrong way on his ankle. No need for contact. I will pray for an quick and easy recovery.

Surgery was a success! Just the rip (which is still enough to sick me out). He did NOT rip a piece of the bone off with it thank goodness.

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. Though he will miss chaparoning Grad Bash this weekend, he is doing fine. They are fitting him out with a *boot(?)* support style cast...thingy.

Yes, the other teachers are going to make ..ahem...

boot-i-licious jokes. Yes, I know. Junior high humor.

I love the power of prayer, thank you all again.

cookie

Archived